New Rims for Car - Need help

chris1991119

Hi everyone,

I thinking of getting 17x7 ET42 CB73.1 rims for my Toyota Celica. But I am not fully sure if it will fit my celica or not.

My Celica is the 2005 VVTL-I model with the OEM wheels specification of, 15x6.5 offset 38+

From here I understand that it "should" fit my car, however I don't know anything about the centre bore (CB) of 73.1

So, could someone or some people help me understand what it will mean when I buy the wheels and putting them on will have "ANY" issues. whether it be about spacers, or new bolts etc.

the wheels with fit.

It will look really tucked with +42 on the rear.

The hub of your car will not sit on the hub hole on your wheel. There is much debate on the car scene that the hub hole must sit on the hub of the car so the weight is not stressing the studs.

I think celicas have a center bore of 54? 73.1 is for subaru i think

what wheels are they? from where?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just got them put the new set of wheels on recently, and it seems like there is barely or no lift now.

So does that mean that I have to purchase lowering springs? or is it normal?

Insight or information is greatly appreciated.

the wheels with fit.

It will look really tucked with +42 on the rear.

The hub of your car will not sit on the hub hole on your wheel. There is much debate on the car scene that the hub hole must sit on the hub of the car so the weight is not stressing the studs.

I think celicas have a center bore of 54? 73.1 is for subaru i think

what wheels are they? from where?

I just got them off ebay because they were the only ones that fit celica specs. Plus they are not visually bad.

Hey guys,

I just got them put the new set of wheels on recently, and it seems like there is barely or no lift now.

So does that mean that I have to purchase lowering springs? or is it normal?

Insight or information is greatly appreciated.

No lift, as in from the engine?

I mean the feel.

There is a slight feel that at 6200rpm lift occurs. its just that the G force isnt as strong now. So i was wondering is it because I change to 17" wheels that the wheels lifted the car up a bit and because of that it affects the aero-dynamics of the car

Maybe larger rolling diameter, That will slow down the car as it requires more time for the wheels to do a full revolution, so your speedo might be off also. Also wieght of the wheels will have a small part to play n that also

I think I know what it is. After looking at my car from afar i found out that now my front bumper on the celica is actually pointing forward and not down anymore. Due to this I think its a matter of aerodynamics. I had a Veil-side body kit installed before getting the rims so take note.

Anyways, I ended up buying a 2nd hand AEM CAI the other day and how the Lift kicks in and you can actually feel it now.

So advice to the any other guys who are thinking about placing in a new bigger size rim you MIGHT feel a difference in engine response, due to the aerodynamics (maybe). I think this can be overcome by just getting springs, but at this stage for me ill let it pass for now.

Note: this is my theory on what happened and don't take this as the truth.

• 3 weeks later...