locks

blue_rolla

hey everyone...

i had my house broken into the other day and my spare set of car keys were stolen from the drawer... this means i have to get the locks changed on my car...

its an 03' rolla ascent...

anyone know how much its roughly going to cost and would i be able to claim it on insurance? and if so.. would it be car insurance or house and contents insurance?

i know its going to cost me a few hundred bucks and that is so crap :angry:

i hate theives...

man! :( thats just suck!!! how low can these low life people go! :angry: arghh..

yeah if i were you ill get a new set of key for your car, they can steal your car later on..... im not sure how much but it might be expensive $300 (im guessing)

EDIT: depends.... if your car was insured under your house contents id say claim from the house insurance, and vice-versa. i guess which ever is cheaper....

Edited by leasaunce

heres some advice for you all:

DONT LOSE YOUR KEYS!!!

i just called up 2 toyota dealerships... one said it would cost about $2000-$3000 all up... the other said about $1200, but i dont think they included the ignition locks too...

i guess insurance will cover it...

far out it sucks though... :angry::angry::angry:

anyone know of another way i can get my locks changed? im beginning to learn toyota is the biggest rip off company ever...

you know what that really makes sense... if i get an alarm then who cares if they have my keys... they wouldnt be able to start the car if the alarm is armed...

i was looking at getting an alarm anyway..

thanks for that idea ill look into it...

no worries mate! :rolleyes:

hopefully that Ba*** will get caught one day.

EDIT: you might wanna get QuikTrak, my brother got it on his car. its only $1 per day and you get 24/7 service (eg: if someone try to break in or steal your car they will instantly call you on your mobile phone and then they can shut down the car remotely)

Edited by leasaunce

aussie needs harsher sentencing for robbers and thiefs ... seriouslly i studied law and im completely waked at how lenient our legal system is. <_< most of the time they dont go to jail only get off with community service and then guess wat... they do it again......

if it were up to me and that prick got busted, id saw his arms off. :ph34r: and that would be classified lenient. But some idiot in the world thought it was against human rights to do that <_< (beats me why????????)

whats worse if you hurt them whilst they were in the act they can sue you for assault bcoze technically self defence does not cover defending your personal posessions. :blink: Whereas if they harm you whilst in the process it is all classified under 1 act.

of robbery etc...

seriously bloody low lifes need to get a JOB.