Melbourne Dyno Day Pictures & Videos

*hides from the 80kw red rolla*

its the toyota shirt that gave him that extra 10+ kw :lol: every1 go get 1....

EBAY EBAY here i come

Edited by Mello

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey man, my shirt aint from EBAY!!! lol

im not sure, maybe it was the shirt, or the headlight protectors... or the seatcovers LMAO!

im up for a drag day for sure. ASAP. im going to Calder Park this friday night to run the 80kw beast.. lol

hoping for low 16's according to Danz

hey man, my shirt aint from EBAY!!! lol

im not sure, maybe it was the shirt, or the headlight protectors... or the seatcovers LMAO!

im up for a drag day for sure. ASAP. im going to Calder Park this friday night to run the 80kw beast.. lol

hoping for low 16's according to Danz

Keep your time slip and let us know how you do. Good Luck ;)

is anyone else interested in coming to calder this friday nigh?

last week that "merah" guy in the red SP23 was there...

maybe a good comparo for all you 2zz's....?

anyway, if your interested, let me know... we might meet up somewhere before hand and all rock up together?!?!? i dunno, just a suggestion

is anyone else interested in coming to calder this friday nigh?

last week that "merah" guy in the red SP23 was there...

maybe a good comparo for all you 2zz's....?

anyway, if your interested, let me know... we might meet up somewhere before hand and all rock up together?!?!? i dunno, just a suggestion

Friday night I'll be at Ravish nightclub picking up some Rice Boom Boom, yeah babe, they are hotter than hell.

Is that why you got a corolla? make sure you take the dyno readout with you :lol:

gday guys.. just joined the forum..

i own a vienta and a opel..

nice results there from the rollaz..

but what is goin on with the results from the turbo astras? it cant be right! i have seen the results from some turbos in nsw.. and stock is about 110-20kw at d wheels..

flysri getting only 63 kw? that is strange as!

but what is goin on with the results from the turbo astras? it cant be right! i have seen the results from some turbos in nsw.. and stock is about 110-20kw at d wheels..

They had issues with the ECU dude, it sensed that the rear wheels weren't spinning so it went crazy.

BTW: If anyone has any pics of the Mazdas, can you please email them to me, as I'd like to post them up on our forum. My email addy is chompieschompies@hotmail.com Thanks!

Edited by Chompies

They had issues with the ECU dude, it sensed that the rear wheels weren't spinning so it went crazy.

BTW: If anyone has any pics of the Mazdas, can you please email them to me, as I'd like to post them up on our forum. My email addy is chompieschompies@hotmail.com Thanks!

ah k.. thnx for clarifying that

BTW: If anyone has any pics of the Mazdas, can you please email them to me, as I'd like to post them up on our forum.  My email addy is chompieschompies@hotmail.com Thanks!

i've sent u an email with a couple of pics of the gold mazda 6. i have dyno videos of a few of the mazdas as well including the red sp23 and astina. will post up links later on when i've finished uploading them.

Also here, I decided to overlay 2 dyno graph. One with the 91.6kw and the 84kw. Its not the most accurate, but its close enough just to discuss what I was saying about teaching your car.

post-61-1129565058_thumb.jpg

As you can see, looks like now there is more power on the lower on low to mid than mid to high in comparisons to the dyno in Sydney. Nowadays with the increase price for fuel, the car spend its time on low-mid all the time, hardly to never past 3000rpm and sits on 2000rpm most of the time.

Early this year I always rev the car, and on the way to Sydney, the car spend most of its time at higher rpm for high speed cruise, constant 130km/h - 150km/h cruise, and the car did meet 180km.

The thing is, the dyno curve is very different, so looks like my car has power curve adjusted by the ECU, and isn't this how the VVTi work anyway?

Edited by Danz

Mine dropped to 12, but its good to see the linar curve of the 1zz pulling strong all the way. Also worth mentioning, is that peak power for the 2zz is just before 8000 which im presuming is a good spot to change gears.

Good air fuel ratio.... Mine started from 13 and dropped to 11ish.. pretty bad i was told, lost alot of power

Does anyone know how i would be able to fix this? ECU change maybe?

Lucio: thanks for organising this :) ended up to be a good day.. got a bit burnt on my cheeks

the astra turbo boys are a bit disappointed with their reading (damn technical issues!!!!), but they will try again, they all thank you for the invite and 3 of them even stayed till the end.

Mine dropped to 12, but its good to see the linar curve of the 1zz pulling strong all the way. Also worth mentioning, is that peak power for the 2zz is just before 8000 which im presuming is a good spot to change gears.

Good air fuel ratio.... Mine started from 13 and dropped to 11ish.. pretty bad i was told, lost alot of power

Does anyone know how i would be able to fix this? ECU change maybe?

You should compare your graph to another celica. Another way is to reset your ECU and then drive it hard for 200km, let it learn from zero again.