Melbourne Dyno Day Pictures & Videos

Great to meet some of u guys, gotta love that spotivo/celica pic with the white hr's.. hehe

I gotta say props to the stock stivos, obviously more power than mine which is kinda disapointing. Bad case of Optimax maybe.. hehe? Neways i changed to BP Ultimate today.. all i can say is.. Optimax = :angry: BP Ultimate =  :P 

Great day for a dyno

nice to meet you man. your car deffinately has the looks :D loving it :)

time for mods? :P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEFINITELY.. but suspension work first (Dont u reckon it sits too high?) not to mention saving up.. :(

Next dyno ill invite people from Ozcelica.com. Some 7th gen celicas there should put up a good challenge to compare with. Would be great to have a 2ZZ battle hehe

All in good fun though. Also forgot to thank Lucio for organising

Here's a rule of thumb. If you do not drive your car hard, it won't deliver its upmost power. Simple as that. That stock ascent did push 80kw, bone stock. Corolla_2004 have 80kw at wheels because he pushes his car hard, same case as northy's stock ascent sport that produces 84kw bone stock.

Another example, is 1zz-fe, he got low figure on 1st run, but managed to go up to 78kw in the end. He doesn't push his car hard lately. I got 84kw today, a big difference to what I got in Sydney of 91.6kw. Perhaps the hard drive to sydney causes that high power read? I personally cannot confirm this, but I have not been pushing the car hard for the last 4 months.

However, I see that some are dissapointed by their power figures. Well don't worry because each engine is different, and its driven differently. By the end of the day, you push your car hard, like training an athelete with proper maintenance, you will get high power read.

Thanx for organising it Lucio .. great day .. nice shiney cars..  photos looking very slick Brandon!!!  :D

SHMICKKKKKKK~! :D I had your CD's man, the ones i burnt for u with those video clips... shoulda reminded me ;)

DEFINITELY.. but suspension work first (Dont u reckon it sits too high?) not to mention saving up..  :(

Good call. Well compared to all the lowered rollas there today, it does sit high :P But yeah, that was the first thing i noticed... the standard height. save up for some coilovers :D

Here's a rule of thumb. If you do not drive your car hard, it won't deliver its upmost power. Simple as that....

That's it...

well i need to blame someone for my read

and im blaming it on my canon muffler

>.<

stupid mod

I shall blame my girlfriend then :D You can blame yours too :lol:

Here's a rule of thumb. If you do not drive your car hard, it won't deliver its upmost power. Simple as that. That stock ascent did push 80kw, bone stock. Corolla_2004 have 80kw at wheels because he pushes his car hard, same case as northy's stock ascent sport that produces 84kw bone stock.

Another example, is 1zz-fe, he got low figure on 1st run, but managed to go up to 78kw in the end. He doesn't push his car hard lately. I got 84kw today, a big difference to what I got in Sydney of 91.6kw. Perhaps the hard drive to sydney causes that high power read? I personally cannot confirm this, but I have not been pushing the car hard for the last 4 months.

However, I see that some are dissapointed by their power figures. Well don't worry because each engine is different, and its driven differently. By the end of the day, you push your car hard, like training an athelete with proper maintenance, you will get high power read.

I definitely subscribe to this theory as well. I think that the more run-in Sportivos performed better as well. I guess it's got to do with the ECU learning how you drive as well.

i had a short run with a camry before the dyno

maybe that help

also used my abs efficiently today as well

causing goodboy's abs to go on

and corolla_2004's brakes to lock up

haha

sorry guys

I shall blame my girlfriend then  :D You can blame yours too  :lol:

right on

its the girls fault

today, whilst at the dyno day, i was quite shocked at my reading of 80.2kw

during the first 2 runs on the machine, the tech was only revving the 1zz to 6200rpm. on the last run i told him to rev it to 6700rpm (where my fuel cut off is)

This is why i got the 80.2kw. talking to Danz, he can only rev to 6200rpm and that is where he gets fuel cut off...

do other 1zz owners rev to 6700rpm? or is this something strange?

I definitely subscribe to this theory as well. I think that the more run-in Sportivos performed better as well. I guess it's got to do with the ECU learning how you drive as well.

Exactly my theory.. a daily diet of Lift..

and hitting lift in 4th on the way to the dyno day.. :)

p.s. so everyone knows... ill be going back to my stock muffler.. the car is plenty loud enough with Just the CAI.. as E-genes car proved yesterday..

p.p.s The Holden.. umm i mean Opel guys didnt seem to hang around us?

perhaps we smell?

p.p.p.s Bill where'd you get those valve caps? 3KW atw each yer?

Theres alot of conclusions you can draw from this. As Danz said, my old car which now has nearly 70,000 km pulled 111.0 and that car was driven hard, but also maintained well. My car only pulled 108.2 but i have been driving it easy mainly because of the fuel prices.

Its probably fair to say that a stock sportivo puts out 103 to 108 kw, where as the modded ones with a CAI alone make between 106-112 kw. The ones with a Muffler and CAI loose a bit (MotoMan excluded).

Also worth mentioning is that the 2zz loses between 25-30% of its power from engine to wheels while the 1ZZ is around the same.

Unfortunately Yesterday at the dyno was the first time i hit lift in about 2 and a half weeks. So with that said i'd have to agree, although i did start hitting lift from 35k's onwards. I should of stayed longer though, would of been good to see the other cars like Danz, and Bangn's type S eater.

Anyways.. dyno days done, how bout a day at the track? Never been and got nothing to prove, but i thinking it'd be great fun (Especially if we have a large turn up like yesterday). Just a suggestion

Another example, is 1zz-fe, he got low figure on 1st run, but managed to go up to 78kw in the end. He doesn't push his car hard lately.

If you're wondering my runs were

1st 65kw :o

2nd 75kw :)

3rd 78kw :D

Gentle city driving only on weekends is killing my car. Just goes to show what a difference "blowing the cobwebs out" can do.

Corolla_2004 was Stock as a Rock !

today, whilst at the dyno day, i was quite shocked at my reading of 80.2kw

during the first 2 runs on the machine, the tech was only revving the 1zz to 6200rpm. on the last run i told him to rev it to 6700rpm (where my fuel cut off is)

This is why i got the 80.2kw. talking to Danz, he can only rev to 6200rpm and that is where he gets fuel cut off...

do other 1zz owners rev to 6700rpm? or is this something strange?

Can't say I've ever taken note, yesterday was the only the second time my car has kissed the limiter.

Maybe the facelift has an increased cut-off point?

well i will place my stock muffler back on and then go for another Dyno... just to see the Difference..

btw.. could everyone list what fuel they were running.. and be honest if you added a little something to spice it up :)

I was on Boost 98 (10%) Ethanol

i want to try stock muffler with boost petrol.. and then stock muffler with BP ultimate..

only then will i be happy :)

Yeap, looking at the dyno graph for each car, I have to say it was an accurate dyno. We should organise Drag days, not the one in Calder, the other one. If we have enough contestant, I was told that we may be able to hire the place for the whole day (or almost).

Moving on from Dyno, onto the drag strips for time slips!

Yeap, looking at the dyno graph for each car, I have to say it was an accurate dyno. We should organise Drag days, not the one in Calder, the other one. If we have enough contestant, I was told that we may be able to hire the place for the whole day (or almost).

A drag day :D that's what a couple of us were thinking as well. Would be so fun. My video camera would enjoy it too :D

There's one near broadmeadows area. Are you thinking that one?

A drag day :D that's what a couple of us were thinking as well. Would be so fun. My video camera would enjoy it too :D

There's one near broadmeadows area. Are you thinking that one?

Haaa, that's right bro. And we can go there and drag each other... lest we be owned by everyone else... *hides from the 80kw red rolla* :ph34r:

would be fun if we can convince some vtec ppl to come... hopefully even that chump dc5 i beat the other time!

*Hey honda ppl, my 67.5 kw auto rolla beat a dc5 at a drag coz the idiot forgot to change gears... your cars my be faster... but u guys sure ain't brighter!*

im up for a drag day

gotta get that gear 1-2 happening first

it crunches when i gear from gear 1 to gear 2 in lift

stupid clutch

someone get a place

and most of us will be there

dyno only proves power

lets rate the speed and driver's skills in this

on dyno i was using bp ultimate

no boost

only 108.2

motoman you should have given me some boost