Y pipes redo

Shadow_

Hahahaha yeah ! I was running on straight pipe a years back! But it was so loud I couldn't hear anything when talking in the car not to say outside the car so I have enough I put a high flow 100 cell cats on it to help reduce the sound lol

Hahahaha yeah ! I was running on straight pipe a years back! But it was so loud I couldn't hear anything when talking in the car not to say outside the car so I have enough I put a high flow 100 cell cats on it to help reduce the sound lol

a lot of ppl are saying they couldn't hear and have a good convo in the car with straight pipes.. but i find it fine, maybe thats cause i drive tip tronic.. id i was driving normally its too loud inside

• 1 month later...

Hittech mufflers did my exhausts done performance and sound in mind for $1800 and it is great sound and a lot more free flow , no computer issues at all.

Will be taking mine off the road next week for stage 2 ! Can I get away with just using the pre cats on the manifolds? Or will I have to use the 2 main cats that I have?

• Like 1

@ Jin, sounds great mate a bit loud for my tastes but a very nice refined sound.

anychance if we can get a shot of the back end of the set up too? Cheers.

@ Rebs, That ant was funny, :) it is louder in RL imo too. I had to have a little kakkle to myself tho, the thought of some derro walking along after you burned off down the road and walking off with your cam :D

@ Scott, let us know what you end up doing mate, keen to hear how yours sounds too.

• Like 2

Haha yeah the ant climbs up and as soon as I rev it sh*ts itself and goes back down. Haha nah I had a mate standing there. I told him to leave the camera on the floor and stop recording after I head down the road ;)

• Like 1

@ Jin, sounds great mate a bit loud for my tastes but a very nice refined sound.

anychance if we can get a shot of the back end of the set up too? Cheers.

@ Rebs, That ant was funny, :) it is louder in RL imo too. I had to have a little kakkle to myself tho, the thought of some derro walking along after you burned off down the road and walking off with your cam :D

@ Scott, let us know what you end up doing mate, keen to hear how yours sounds too.

Yay

Defyant the back still the same from new expect the muffler..
  • Like 1

I got hitech exhaust from the cat all the way to the rear with hitech free flow mufflers computer revemp so that it works with the car and it doesn't flash on the dash ,all in all about 20% more power the car flys ,next is convert to e85 ethanol which costs $550 and still youcan use the 100 or 98 oct the e85 will give the car another 25% on top of power once all complete ill put the semi sliks yokahamas which work well grip wise.i did coil overs by paddlers a while back so car is just about complete with e85 should have all up about 275-280 kw enough for me any more and it would be like driving on ice. I will put it on dyno in April .

20% more power is quite a claim from just a cat back exhaust, for a TRD that's about 50kw. Also interesting how you say the computer was revamped as, at least to my knowledge, the ECU hasn't been cracked yet so can't be tuned. Only tuning that has been done as been via an aftermarket piggy-back computer.

If it seem skeptic, it's only because you're not the first person to be overly optimistic about their gains.

Revamp meanss adjusting it to the intake no need to crack anything to adjust it. E85 it's a great new era way for gain and the exhausts by hi tech in darlinghurst are just as good these guys are on of the best for exhausts ,try e85 see the difference you'll see on some cars you gain up to 40% more gain :)

Revamp meanss adjusting it to the intake no need to crack anything to adjust it

Revamp? or Remap? you did say "revemp" computer in your orig post.

Who did this revamping for you , always good to add as much info as possible when telling people you have done mods. It helps others alot.

Pictures of the mods are always good too :)

Revamp meanss adjusting it to the intake no need to crack anything to adjust it. E85 it's a great new era way for gain and the exhausts by hi tech in darlinghurst are just as good these guys are on of the best for exhausts ,try e85 see the difference you'll see on some cars you gain up to 40% more gain :)

Gain 40% from fuel change your joking right, you'll be lucky to gain 5%.

http://hioctaneracing.com/blog/2011/7/3/the-truth-about-e85-fuel.html

85% octane fuel will give you gains. It's a pain in the ***** but.

If you live your normal injectors u gain around 10% when u change the injectors it's about 40% play garage in Fairfield are good at this google them.:)