How long do the Shocks for Aurion last for?

dixonzhai

does anyone know how long do the shocks for Aurion normally last for? I have 07 Sportivo and been to Pedders today about lowering. They recommend me go for the coilovers. My car is about 130000k. What they are saying is the shocks normally worn out in 130000k so if do the shocks and springs will recommend me to change the whole thing. I don't want to spend too much on it so just wondering if it is ok I don't replace shocks or when I should replace it? Thanks

At that mileage, I would certainly consider changing your shocks. If you don't get the coilovers, get KYB shocks or something like that.

+1 Coilovers

I got quoted $2050 here in perth

I should of got them the first time

Ive got stock shocks @97,000km with pedder springs

From reading coilovers are the way to go :)

I have about the same quote. I saw there are a few on eBay and about $1200. I am thinking those and get someone to install it. Will save a lot $$$. Also saw some shocks only $220. That maybe a better solution.

Only have service two months ago. They mention about the brake pads but didn't say anything about the shocks. Not sure if they just want me to install the coilovers.

You also have to remember that just because you don't see, hear, or feel any issues, this does not mean your shock absorbers are in optimal condition. A proper test at a suspension place such as Pedders or Fulcrum can determine the state of your shock absorbers.

Should get mine checked, they have done over 310K with no problems.

Do you have original shocks? If so 310K sounds about right. We need to remember, these sort of cars (or any car toyota makes) are built to last. I'm sure Toyota make things like shocks and so on so they will last for thousands of KM's before needing to be checked/replaced.

Should get mine checked, they have done over 310K with no problems.

Do you have original shocks? If so 310K sounds about right. We need to remember, these sort of cars (or any car toyota makes) are built to last. I'm sure Toyota make things like shocks and so on so they will last for thousands of KM's before needing to be checked/replaced.

Its all original, apart from the left rear strut, that was replaced under warranty.