HID Conversion Kit

PMS79

Hi All, I just purchased my 2008 Aurion SX6 and would love to install a HID conversion kit for my low beams and the spot lights.

Can anyone suggest where I can buy them and any tips on installation are welcome.

I just purchased a h7 hid kit 15000k for my 03 corolla last night on eBay for $44 so you could just search on their just check what type headlight globes you have first

• Like 1

Hi all, can anyone recommend a store to get a HID Kid for my SX6?

Not sure of brand or if Ebay would be an option, have fond them on there for peanuts!!

Between $35.00 and $60.00.

Thanks,

Paul.

Edited by PMS79

I was thinking about usinf SMD LED bulbs in the fog lights, any suggestions for the parkers?

Have heard they are a bugger to change.

Paul

My kit came with some push in taps that slot into the H11 plug, but i choose to solder the wiring direct to the headlight loom for a more reliable connection, then workout where you going to put your ballast.

There's no need to remove the bumper unless you want to hide the ballast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

My kit came with some push in taps that slot into the H11 plug, but i choose to solder the wiring direct to the headlight loom for a more reliable connection, then workout where you going to put your ballast.

There's no need to remove the bumper unless you want to hide the ballast.

Any chance of some pics of how you did it and the taps that the kit came with?

Maybe a link to the kit that you got?

My kits have arrived all safe and sound, install next week. DRL's and parking sensors on the cards too.

P.S. LOVING my Aurion!

• 2 months later...

Hi all. I have a 2008 ZR6 that I am very happy with except for lights and brakes. First I want to upgrade the lights to the brightest legal possible. I am not a technical person. I had a look at eBay but did not understand much. Could someone please help me in selecting something good and also advice where I can have them installed in the south side (Sunnybank) of Brisbane. Thank you.

Hi all. I have a 2008 ZR6 that I am very happy with except for lights and brakes. First I want to upgrade the lights to the brightest legal possible. I am not a technical person. I had a look at eBay but did not understand much. Could someone please help me in selecting something good and also advice where I can have them installed in the south side (Sunnybank) of Brisbane. Thank you.

It is my understanding that all HIDs retro-fitted in this fashion are illegal.

So more comes down to how bright & colour you want to go before you get pulled up.

35W will do the job fine, 55W are brighter yes but up to you.

Colour-wise

4300K = more yellow looking

6000K = white

8000+K = blueish

It is my understanding that all HIDs retro-fitted in this fashion are illegal.

So more comes down to how bright & colour you want to go before you get pulled up.

35W will do the job fine, 55W are brighter yes but up to you.

Colour-wise

4300K = more yellow looking

6000K = white

8000+K = blueish

Thanks for the post. I have found a few on eBay. Will post details soon. Cheers.

Be careful alot of these cheap kit's the ballast are crap all over the place, like light's flicker or take along time to reach full brightness or uneven brightness i had 3 ballast and they were all faulty.

I end up buying a good quality ballast and i'm happy with them have full light within 5 seconds.

My advice is spend a little more and get a quality kit.