YARIS VS ROLLA

gees

is the new yaris the new rolla

i amy be wrong but recent talk from you guys is that rollas arent being built anymore

but i have seen the add in sydney for the new yaris a few times lately and everytime i keep thinking it looks SO MUCH LIKE A ROLLA

anyways just thought i would say something

knowing my luck its probably been said before <_<

haha

later guys

gees

is the new yaris the new rolla

i amy be wrong but recent talk from you guys is that rollas arent being built anymore

but i have seen the add in sydney for the new yaris a few times lately and everytime i keep thinking it looks SO MUCH LIKE A ROLLA

anyways just thought i would say something

knowing my luck its probably been said before  <_<

haha

later guys

they still sell rollas

yeah but i thought that they werent beeing made any more

or maybe it was just the sportivo

gees i dont know i get mixed up ive had to take in so much info the last 3 months

converting from holden aussie motors to all this import stuff ive never known anything about before

yeah but i thought that they werent beeing made any more

or maybe it was just the sportivo

gees i dont know i get mixed up ive had to take in so much info the last 3 months

converting from holden aussie motors to all this import stuff ive never known anything about before

I know what u mean...

I heard they've crammed more features into the Yaris than in the Rolla!

I reakon it looks more like the four door echo!!!!LOL......I dont know why they bothered to bring the YARIS to OZ it is so much like the echo, and it is pretty old in terms of being released in japan.....They should have released sumthing with a fresh new look for example the "CALDINA" or even the funky little wagon "Bb" if they are trying to appeal to the petrol price concious market!!!! :P :lol: :D

i think the new yaris looks cool (echo on roids). i wasn't a fan of the echo AT ALL. hated everything about it, except for the digital dash, which was kinda cool.

the new front end of the yaris seems to make it look more proportioned. saw it on rove last night and it didnt look as small as i thought it would be, but maybe cos of camera tricks.

i just wish they didnt make it so slow...

They look similar because they're both Toyota's...

More and more manufacturers are giving their cars a common corporate face eg, All BMW's have the Kidney Grille, All Audi's now have the singular upper and lower grille. etc

The share common features so the brand is immediately recognisable. So you can count on the next gen Corolla having some similarities to the Yaris.

They look similar because they're both Toyota's...

More and more manufacturers are giving their cars a common corporate face eg, All BMW's have the Kidney Grille, All Audi's now have the singular upper and lower grille. etc

The share common features so the brand is immediately recognisable.  So you can count on the next gen Corolla having some similarities to the Yaris.

And to try and save money by using the same parts where at all possible.

Ie. New sportivo badges.

I reakon it looks more like the four door echo!!!!LOL......I dont know why they bothered to bring the YARIS to OZ it is so much like the echo, and it is pretty old in terms of being released in japan

I don't think they can get much newer ... the Yaris has only been on sale in Japan for a few months. We're getting them much sooner these days, thankfully! :)

Corolla is still being built, I don't think Toyota will ever cease Corolla production because it means too much to them.

As far as I've heard, its all as-is until 2007 when the 10th gen model is released. Having said that, there are numerous suggestions on these forums about the Sportivo ceasing production, the 1ZZFE being de-tuned to meet emissions, etc, so we'll probably only know the real story when things actually occur.

• 3 weeks later...

that sucks i think they should just keep making sportivos better and better every year

just like commodore

and ford

and honda

ETC ETC why would they stop producing their current best performing car (well australian cars cus i know a supra is much better than a corolla hehe)

2 small to be a rolla!

but the rollas will be phased out within 2yrs.

i know cos i asked the sales guy who i bought my car from. i said i dont wanna buy a car that will be changed within a yr.

yeah what im saying is not about the rollas i guess BUT the VVTL-i motors should stay in competition with hondas V-TEC

doesnt have to be in a rolla body

its like the holden V6 Vs Ford straight 6

2 small to be a rolla!

but the rollas will be phased out within 2yrs.

i know cos i asked the sales guy who i bought my car from. i said i dont wanna buy a car that will be changed within a yr.

I think you'll find the salesman meant that there will be a new Rolla in 2 years, not that Toyota will give the Rolla the flick in 2 years.

After all, it is the best selling model in the Toyota range now ... they're not going to throw it away!

Not only that, but it would leave a huge gap between the little Yaris and the Camry, not to mention the fact that the Corolla is the only Toyota wagon you can buy.

Edited by Buddha