Fensport Comes To AUS

Danthuyer

i think you should ask why he chose the 3sgte as a conversion over other possible toyota engines... and what he had to do or if he had to do anything to the gear box etc... and also why he chose the corolla as a base model to mod in the first place..

#1 perhaps something about the latest UK/EUR modding scenes and maybe the demo of ppl with non-euro modded cars there

#2 why toyota?

#3 any interest in expanding the business outside the UK

#4 next showcase/project (longer term goals)

#5 take it to nurburgring - it seems to be the in-thing at the moment in europe for manufacturers :)

1. What sort of aero work have they done to keep the car stable at high speeds?

2. What do they plan on changing in order to make the car fast as a circuit/drag car?

3. Does using the rear suspension from the GT4 (I assume) make the handling better?

4. What is the budget on transfer cases? :P

Should take it to Japan and let the Best Motoring fellas have a go in it.

Question to ask:

With the 4WD system, they've obviously had to install some sort of IRS, what did they use?  Can this IRS be used in place of the POS Torsion beam set up on our FWD's ?

I'm actually interested in that too... can the Celica IRS fit into the Corolla chassis? the dimentions are the same aren't they?

Dimentions can't be too different ( front suspensions are virtually identical ), Rear mounting points may be a challenge, exhaust would have to be re-shaped to clear the suspension arms too.

Pics of the set up would be great.

I'm starting to get very curious about this, so much so I'm scouting wreckers for dinged up Celicas... This has always been a major shortcoming of the new rollas and I would like to know if it can be done, would definately make it more fun around the track...

you guys do realise that this corolla was 4wd to start with dont you? It's even stated in the article on their site.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcarsfiles/runxpage1.jpg

http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcarsfiles/runxpage2.jpg

edit: the shell would have been a NZE124... http://auctions.amayama.com/toyota/corolla_runx/1430967/

Edited by rollamods

it would not be road leagal and i dont think its gonna be an easy modification to do either.

I know, it's more of a pipe dream of mine that I've had since the day I bought the car. But as the warranty expiration date looms, more ideas keep filling my head... this could get a little expensive I know, but I'd kinda just like to know if it can be done. If it is properly engineered and certified it should be OK.