" Lambo doors on a Rukus "

Rukus Son

for a very long time in the back of my mind OK way back :spiteful: it has always been a dream to have Lambo doors fitted to the 2 Front Doors of my Toyota Rukus Halo. i heard a little while ago that you need to have a License to be able to have the Lambo Doors accepted is that true.? also do you have to pay a large sum of money to buy a License to have Lambo doors fitted on your Car here in Australia.? i need to know for peace of mind what is Legal & what is not Legal without having to Search on the internet or to call your Local Police Station & get them to inform you what you can & can't Do. if anyone is knowing is your Guys & i know you won't let me down. was thinking of having the 2 main front doors being Lambo doors as when i get an idea i can honestly tell you guys it is quite Difficult to forget about & Hope you guys can tell me what are the Specifications to be able to have the Lambo doors fitted if Legal to do so. :spiteful: What are your thoughts on this Subject, can you put me out of my misery.

• Like 1

You should totally do it Sonia.... I have a pic ok one already done and it's the same colour as your toyota rukus halo..

3fe22fadbdfd00fee1efe997ca343086.jpg

But after you do it you should get those stick on badges of the wings that they at autobahn... They would so go together then you can have wings and be completely different...

You should do it Sonia...

• Like 2

By license do you mean engineer report? Im sure it's 100% illegal other wise every crack pot car modder would have them..

Not saying your a crackpot Sonia... there's just a lot of them out there.

Our doors are designed and internally structured and braced to hang. Not to be lifted. I would assume given time things would go south and nothing would align.

• Like 2

By license do you mean engineer report? Im sure it's 100% illegal other wise every crack pot car modder would have them..

Our doors are designed and internally structured and braced to hang. Not to be lifted. I would assume given time things would go south and nothing would align.

I would like to think I am one of the pointed out Crackpots hahaha. :) :)

@ Sonia

I have heard that this would eventually kill your doors and everything around them, I would like to think that the seal would be the same too but I doubt it. again only what I have heard.

still.......they look sick!!

• Like 1

oh Woww, Thank You so much for this, as i need to now fulfill my dreams of finally having Lambo doors fitted to my Boxy Babe it has to be done, there is no way now that i can turn back have come too far for that now, and lets not forget my Rukus Halo is Looking pretty Sad on the Outside & on the inside, but haven't had the Money to get all of these Mods done. i have Learned to Wait & i have Waited way too Long the time is Now but sadly will not be able to get my Lambo doors fitted until after i move down South & hoping to get the Lambo Doors on by Christmas, as i will be driving to my Parents house they are Living in N.S.W and to Pull up outside their House & Toot my Air Horn so that my Mother will be ready to open the very large Gate to the long Driveway, & to Get out lifting up the Lambo Doors would be like a dream come true & not to mention thinking of getting much bigger Wheels, even though i Love my 16' Purple Wheels they have let me down, & not to mention my friend named Vince whom i work with has been pestering me for much larger wheels so that too will be a Project for when i move down South & hopefully have the much Bigger Wheels fitted before i get to my Parents house. sadly i will have to Sell the 16' purple wheels that i am having on now as they did cost me plenty ;) but what is money when you have your Happiness :D

Edited by Sonia

You should totally do it Sonia.... I have a pic ok one already done and it's the same colour as your toyota rukus halo..

3fe22fadbdfd00fee1efe997ca343086.jpg

But after you do it you should get those stick on badges of the wings that they at autobahn... They would so go together then you can have wings and be completely different...

You should do it Sonia...

OMG what are you doing to me :blink: hahaha seeing this Pic i can not help but smile, Wondering one day i too will finally have my dream realised of having Lambo Doors fitted to my Boxy Babe. OK there will be the odd hick up but hope i am able to get this done as it would make me the happiest girl in the World, in which i never thought it would be Possible, anything is Possible if you put your mind to it. Hey Thanks for the Vote of Confidence really means a lot to me, when i know there will be other's who not agree or Like.but i am not going to get my hopes up as i know what that does to one's expectation. there is a guy here in Cairns who has seen my Car many times & i have talked to him many times :spiteful: he is Owning a Business here in Cairns Called " The Touch up Guys " they do minor Scratches & dents & all soughts of other things paint work you name it. well i so remember talking with him about Lambo doors as he too is wishing to have Lambo Doors fitted to his Light Green Mitsubishi which is a really nice car but not as nice as mine :spiteful: anyways he was Saying you need to Pay a $600 Fee to be able to have the Lambo doors fitted so that it will be Legal & lets not forget Road worthy. Well that was the last time i have talked with him & i may even phone him on Monday to find out what can be done. YES i should do it there is no stopping me now. Hope to Keep you guys Posted & fill you in on what is happening. Will my Dream finally be realized hmmm that is a little difficult to answer at this time " To Be Continued " :spiteful:

hey my sweet Defyant, Yes you said it there are a lot of Crack heads out there i have seen them for myself when they are driving at such a high speed when they pass me in the Traffic showing off of Course :spiteful: , if i was to get Lambo Doors Fitted to the Boxy Babe i would make sure that the Hinges & everything else was structurally Sound before i went ahead with that as i am well aware of all sought's of Complications with having these type of hinges fitted, but seeing them on the Scions in the States is making me so anxious if you know what i mean :spiteful: & i wouldn't dare go through with anything unless it was going to be Safe & Secure & that is what i am all about, With me there is no cutting Corners that is out of the Question. Like i have said i am needing to look into this with Both my eye's Open & make sure my Brain is Switched :g: hmmm that could be a little bit of Problem :spiteful: Who Knows maybe i will Surprise you Guys with a few Pics now that would be So SWEET.

I would like to think I am one of the pointed out Crackpots hahaha. :) :)

@ Sonia

I have heard that this would eventually kill your doors and everything around them, I would like to think that the seal would be the same too but I doubt it. again only what I have heard.

still.......they look sick!!

Hey what's up ;) hoping my 2 front doors will be What's Up :spiteful: hahaha Sorry just a little Joke that's if you got it :rolleyes: Yep think you are definitely in the crack pot group but who know's maybe i will be joining you sooner than you think ;) hmm that is not a good sign if you have heard that. but as i have mentioned before i will definitely make sure the hinges are of the highest Grade even if i must pay a little Bit Extra, since i am wishing to do this there will be no on the Cheap anything, & when i do lift them i want to feel safety & be reassured that the Doors will not fall or anything that will injure or cause injury. Yeah you said it they So Look Sick Don't they ;) & my Mind is playing tricks on me & making me Picture in my Mind my Boxy Babe with the 2 front Doors lifted & if everything else goes to plan & i do finally get the go ahead, just seeing my Father's reaction on his Face would be SoOoO Unforgettable :rolleyes: I AM NOT WISHING TO GET ALL 4 DOORS DONE JUST THE 2 FRONT DOORS I NOT THINK I AM ASKING FOR TOO MUCH :rolleyes:

Personally don't like the idea of Lambo doors on a truck.... If you know what I mean.

But each to their own though :)

Hey it's OK to Voice your Opinion, but there is a question that i would love to ask. does my Boxy Babe look like a Truck.?? OK it is maybe like half a SUV but i have seen really great big Trucks in the States with Lambo Doors & you want my Opinion they are so Awesome Looking. everyone to their own Opinion is fine with me glad you stopped by even though is way past my bed time :g: maybe just Maybe if i do get the go ahead & when i do post a few Pics maybe you will have a Change of Heart after seeing the Pics.?? Touch Wood i haven't had an Accident Yet not that it won't happen coz believe me there are some Crazy People driving on the roads out there & i have had to put my foot on the brake many times coz some ***** head sorry for the language wants to get in front of me at the last minute & that is my pet hate what about you.?? Sorry they have hidden my swear word that starts with D & ends in D i am sure you know what i am saying :spiteful:

Edited by Sonia

While your at it Sonia, you should also do suicide Lambo doors for the rear as seen here...
http://scissor-doors.com/cart/mitsubishi/endeavor/endeavor-suicide-lambo-doors
Don't worry what people say and think you love your box so much do what you like you will just need to get it all engineered to pass safety... Then it will be really unique...

• Like 1

While your at it Sonia, you should also do suicide Lambo doors for the rear as seen here...

Don't worry what people say and think you love your box so much do what you like you will just need to get it all engineered to pass safety... Then it will be really unique...

Suicide doors were called suicide door for a reason....thyr stupid, they are beyond stupid. And if you ever have any one you loved exiting those back doors you would never use them for day to day application.

Anythings goes in other countries and this is one time I agree with our nanny state AU outlawing these.

These doors kill, chop in half and brutally maim people.

For god's Sake Sonia don't get talked out of common sense ......this is ill advise.

Hey Chris, i am having a Brother Chris but his full name is Christopher, i am guessing that too is your full name :g: think i better just stick to the 2 front Doors that way it won't get too much Complicated also thinking about People in the Back seat which is why i have decided only the 2 front doors will be still amazing. Now what i have to say to you is i really...really... appreciate you giving me the Green light for this to be done when i was starting to think that maybe will not be such a good idea now knowing the Pro's & Cons & it is all starting to sound a little Complicated to me but don't Worry i am a fast learner :spiteful: YES i am Sure that after i get the approval from the Australian Government or who ever else that i need to get the approval from that i will finally get my Lambo Doors Swing into Action :spiteful: i had many doubts in my head was i just being stupid.?? but after receiving your reply & not to mention the Web Site i was feeling on top of the moon you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. i have seriously Checked out this website & i have even sent them a message hoping to hear back from them in the next couple of day which i will let you all know. after Checking out the full website i felt a sense of relief as to what i had read this was just what i was Looking for. for all those who are in fear or lots of doubts as to why i shouldn't go ahead with this Check this out maybe this will Change your mind I Hope :g: Now here is the Check List :

BOLT- ON Lambo Doors - Scissor Doors - Vertical Doors - LSD Doors

We appreciate your interest in our high end Lambo Door hinge kits. You'll be happy to know that we do manufacture a lifetime warranty, Lambo door kit for your vehicle. At Scissor Doors Inc. we take our hinge conversion engineering seriously. Each and every complete system is 100% vehicle specific and will mount to your vehicles factory crash protection points for a solid, well engineered, everyday use door conversion kit. Theses application are commonly used on leased vehicles and can be reversed should you decide to sell your vehicle. You will see and feel the quality, proper engineering in each and every vehicle specific Vertical Lambo Doors application we offer for your vehicle. Remember, quality never cost as much as it saves!

Don't see your vehicle in the photo above? Check our application list! If we put every application we offer in images, our website would take to long to load.

Ready to order today? Simply select your year and model, then click the ADD TO CART button above and proceed through our secure online checkout.

WE SHIP WORLD WIDE

Still have some questions? Please CONTACT US so one of our consultants can discuss the details of your Lambo door conversion kit and answer any and all questions you have before, during, after your install.

Each complete bolt-on Lambo door kit includes:

- 2 complete assembled door conversion hinges

- 2 high pressure nitrogen gas lift supports

- 4 high tensile lift fittings

- 2 360 degree bearings

- Installation, mounting hardware

- Master installation harness

- Harness cover

- Installation guide/ owners manual

- Award Winning Professional tech support

- Full Lifetime warranty

NOTE: A fully remote controlled, automatic power door upgrade is available for all our door conversion kits!

Read more: http://scissor-doors.com/cart/scion/xb-2008/xb-2008-bolt--on-lambo-doors-vertical-doors#ixzz2kFqDHRFB

after reading this & checking out there Lambo Doors, i now have no doubt in my mind that these are the doors for me. hmmm maybe i will Check out the Price for the Fully remote Controlled Automatic Power door upgrade is available to all door Conversion Kits. So Chris i can not thank you enough. seeing these hinges have a lifetime Warranty & Support is more than i ever expected, also the price is not too bad considering everything that comes with it. i do hope that they contact me before the end of the week if not then i can wait :g: THANK YOU Chris :clap: soon you may be all in for a little Surprise & maybe a few extra Surprises that's all i can say for now Stay tuned Respect.!!

Once the wings are on your next mod will have to be one of these:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Back-to-the-Future-Flux-Capacitor-Replica-Unlimited-Edition-Diamond-Select-NE-/130997496034?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Pretend_Play&hash=item1e800f28e2

Then you'll have the only flying AND time-travelling box in Cairns! If you have the built-in sub on your left side in the boot you could install it on the opposite side and fit out the boot nicely!

• Like 2

Once the wings are on your next mod will have to be one of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Back-to-the-Future-Flux-Capacitor-Replica-Unlimited-Edition-Diamond-Select-NE-/130997496034?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Pretend_Play&hash=item1e800f28e2

Then you'll have the only flying AND time-travelling box in Cairns! If you have the built-in sub on your left side in the boot you could install it on the opposite side and fit out the boot nicely!

hahahha how did you know i love Back to the future :spiteful: but there is one small question i would like to ask... Who is going to Pay for all this... :g: $612.50 for a Flux Capacitor OMG, Oh but i forgot there is Free Shipping to any address anywhere in Australia that should help :wacko: hmmm but did i forget to mention that i will be soon leaving Cairns & on my Way to Hervey Bay :D to be honest with you all. Cairns has not been very nice to me over the last 3 Years with the many Jokes & laughs but i must say there has been some times where people have come over to me & wanted to Check my Boxy Babe out oh & take the odd Photo ;) i want to tell you guys something that happened Yesterday that made me feel on top of the World. i had to go Post office to send my mother's Birthday Card & couldn't find a park outside the Post office but further down which i didn't mind, anyway i got out pressed the tiny black button locked up the Halo as i do & since i had the Car Alarm fitted the Locking sound is quite Deafening if you know what i am talking about ;) after that a guy sitting across the other side had yelled out to me " COOL " hmm he did look a little like the Mad Professor in Back to the Future i thought :rolleyes: so with his Cool Comment i thought i would respond in giving him the thumbs up Felt like a million dollars at the time :D You see nobody in Cairns is having a Car like mine i am the only odd one out ;) ohh about the Sub Woofer you say on the left hand side well there was not enough room on the left hand side to Build the Sub Woofer Box so i am soon expected to Bring in my Halo so that they can install the Subwoofer in the right hand side & the 8' Alpine touch screen which will also have a Fibre glass mounting & in Purple which i am so looking forward too. is costing me a few thousand but like i have said what is Money when your Happiness is priceless. Sadly i will not be able to do anything at this time about the Lambo Doors until i move house after that it will be full steam ahead also many other Projects in the Works. Yesterday i had received an Email replying me to my many Questions that i had asked & this was the Response that i got... Hello Sonia,

Thank you for your email. I cannot say for certain whether or not the

doors are %100 legal or not but we have sold many systems in Australia over the

years, an this has not been an issue in a decade of business. Perhaps this is

because they open in both directions?

Here is a link for online ordering:

http://scissor-doors.com/cart/scion/xb-2008/xb-2008-bolt--on-lambo-doors-vertical-doors?cPath=347_352

Please contact us with any questions you have.

Regards,

Matt

Scissor Doors Inc.

i am 100% Serious to get Lambo Doors fitted on my Boxy Babe maybe just the 2 front doors will be enough i do hope that i am not let down coz of Legalities Will Keep you Posted Thank You.!!