axle tramp

rolla17

Yeah - LSD....or you could just accellerate harder. :P

Like rollamods said, good suspension helps. I reckon the amount of tramp I experience in my Sportivo has reduced 10-fold since I put just the Kings Springs in...

I've been looking into suspension to try and reduce mine at present....(as well as reduce the wheelspin out of corners)

but in the long run I think an LSD will be the best solution..... I mean under a hard launch even with an LSD you'd still end up with a limited amount of axel tramp (correct me if I'm wrong on that though)....... but it's all about minimising it...

maybe a little of topic but i just did my first succesful 1-2 change with a chirp and boy does it fell good. i luv the sound :P . But i didnt experience any axle tramp like what you guys are talkn about. im assumming you are talkning about launching from standstill

i agree with ZAV when i first got the car i used to get heaps of axle tramp EVEN 1st to 2nd changes pretty bad (back then i ddint know what axle tramp was and thought i had a problem LOL)

but now my tyres have a little bit of wear in them i hardly get any axle tramp at all

actually now that i think about it i havent had any axle tramp for a good 2 months and im always breaking traction during 1st to 2nd changes aahahaha LOL

but wouldnt that help you get less axle tramp cus the wheels have less restriction so they can spin more freely without bouncing

You would think that, but nah man, my 1zz is a dog in the wet because it will spin up and then once it starts to get traction it just tramps away until it is satisfyed with the amount of grip it has :(

ok yeah sure i think i can recall this happening

strange hey

but the initial wheel spin doesnt tramp but its just when your spin starts to slow and gain traction, but that happens in the wet aswell

i see what your saying