1ZZ Short Shifter

Otaku

Hi all,

Quick one.

I'm aware of the TRD quickshift kit, and my understanding is that it is to suit the 2ZZ (6 spd).

Is there a reputable (possibly TRD) short shift kit for the 1ZZ (a 5 spd rather than 6) that anyone knows of, or has had experience with?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks like you could use the runx/sportivo trd quickshifter in a 1zz but not sure if anyone has tried that before. if you do get the trd shortshifter there are 2 types on the market for 2zz the other is for celica which is different.

it looks like you could use the runx/sportivo trd quickshifter in a 1zz but not sure if anyone has tried that before. if you do get the trd shortshifter there are 2 types on the market for 2zz the other is for celica which is different.

I'm not sure, but Danz may have a short shifter on his 1zze?

most of TWM kits are good. they use the orginal base for most of their kits.

the good thing about the TRD one is that it comes with the base and the brass washers. improves on the shift quality, being sharper and more direct. just that their throws could be a bit shorter.

Yes you can use the 2ZZ-GE short shifter kit on the 1ZZ. I know someone who has done it. I believe that he didn't need to modify anything.

just wondering if the TWM kits angle the shifter to the passeger side of an Aus car since they're designed for the US market?

If you have a look at the aus standard shifter you will see it is angled towards the driver.

Just a question guys is it possible to use the TRD quick shift kit for the Jap model....ZZW30 MRS it has a 1ZZ-FE and it is a 5 speed M/T?????? :blink: If so OTAKU PM i think i just maybe able to help u out??!!! :)

Edited by "RuNx"

Buy one and tell us about it :P

HAHAHAaa i would love too that way i might be able to sell some to people!!!LOL :lol:

But do u know why it wouldnt work or u cant explain why???????? :blink:

Sorry im not that mechanically minded but i thought it seemed the same considering it has a 1ZZ-FE and it is a 5speed M/T........?????? :D :P

The Linkage from the gearbox could be different to the one in MR-S, even though the gearbox is the same. Just because the gearbox is the same it doesn't meant the shifter is the same.

Besides, you can always buy short shifter from TWM or B&M. Unlike TRD, they do not come with the cradle, but damn they are short both in throw and rod height.

So in actual fact no-one really knows 100% if it wont fit or not do they?????"THEY COULD BE DIFFERENT"!!! :blink: But since it is so close in all other aspects to our 1ZZ-fe thats not to say that it COULD be modified to fit without too much dramas if necessary......TRUE!!!!????? :blink::huh: :D

Hey ROLLAMODS or anyone else that is a mechanic or other..... Can u do sum research on this topic and see if we have a possibility of using the Jap model ZZW30 MRS 1ZZ-fe 5speed M/T short shift kit on the COROLLA??????Thanks heaps if u can do so!!!! :D I'm not very good with this technical stuff!!!!! :blink: :(

If it is just the interior im pretty sure that it would either fit or if it doesnt it would'nt be very hard to modify the plastic interior!!!!!! :D Thats the fun of it isnt it we modify every other aspect of our cars im sure doing it to the interior isnt going to be any further from doing a body kit, a re-spray, interior re-trim.....etc But still it is possible to be done!!!! :lol: :D Isnt it????!!!!LOL.........."TIME AND EFFORT"........Anything can be done nowadays!!!!! :lol: