I did it!

O'right, as soon as i met TRD141, I'm ready to make the custom cold air intake. Took me about 2 hours or so but i did it.

Results:

Smoother throttle responds

Louder on higher rev

Its sucking cold air o'ryte (Which always is a good thing)

I'm not hoping for HP gain in here, just wanting to experiment, but the results is great! Many thanks to TRD141.

CHeck it out!

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/au?page=17

woops sorry, i was taking that photo as soon as i finished, so sorry for the poor job on the photo. But here we go

1st pic: Above shot

that is taken from the rear of the left front light. This is where the hose which is connected to the air box used to be. As u can see, there's the pod right in there, exactly where the cold air intake will go too aswell.

2nd pic: Side shot

This shot was taken from the wheel arch, it shows where the pod is located. Drop just nicely and sits very well behind the fog lights

3rd pic: Below shot

well...its just a below shot. U can see the fog lamp in there too.

well done mate

glad i could have been of some assistance

but dont tell every1 -or else everyone will do it :D

yeah wouldn't want to have any one else with a CAI or help any one get more value or power out of their car jsut to be different..........? a joke i hope or am i missing something. no offence intended

Well done boys :) Good to see some people getting in there and having ago at things :)

It's not about the power increase with the CAI (as its marginal at best) its all about the noise :D

I would be interested in getting a wave file of the 'home made' CAI with the car under load. As I know the TRD one sounds awesome (have had many comments)

The 'home made' also adds to the SLEEPER quality we love so much about this car.

If 12HP is marginal for ya... and 0-100km/h in 7.1 s...

With these designs of yours you're likely to loose HP and surely torque.

But you want to have a sleeper. Yea, fall asleep wile accelerating.

Good.

I don't feel any loss, the car still goes like usual but better and smoother responds. I gonna change the hose tomorrow to further adjust the pod.

I don't think you will lose Hp, you might not gain some with home job CAI, but at least though you know you're getting cold air all the time evertime. PLUS, the engine sounds better.

I reglarly do 7.1 - 7.2 with CAI, before it was 7.4

15.2 is 0-400 time. Measured on the circuit, and backed by G-tech results.

You loose torque, because you dont keep up to the length and volume of the original intake, you dont gain hp b/c it is restrtrictive.

Search the web. I did it once, and posted on toyotaowners club "how to make good intake" Use search. There's tons of info from last year concerning intakes, power gains (with dyno) and times.

I dont see the big deal, all that a CAI is , is a pipe with a pod and the hole for the airflow sensor. I cant see how much research has been put into it, heck if i had the choice again i would probably do it myself too, but theres too much stuffing around with pipes etc. As for power gains? depends on the weather, on cooler night more power of course, but you get used to it. I wouldnt know unless i took on a stock system. The sound is definetly throatier, especially when the engine is cold.