Ongoing rattle problem

Hi sport1vo,

I'll tell you this from my experience from having one of toyota's head guys in front of me and one of fair tradings mechanic's infront of me at the same time. All the bitching complaining and indicating all the rattles wont achieve anything in terms of a recall. A recall will only occur if it is determined that the problem hinders safety in some way otherwise these rattles are deemed "characteristics" trust me i know i had a word fight with these guys for like an hour. Your suggestion of ringing every two months is good and i actually ring them once a month just to show them that i am chasing a resolution and that i am ****ty that they cant fix it yet but at the end of the day and this came out of the mouth of the guy at fair trading because these are "characteristics" and in no way affect the safety and under normal driving conditions they are not present YES toyota can walk away and not fix it. Im glad they arent doing that but u never now when they will give up on fixing it.

Just my 2 cents worth for chasing toyota over the last few months since Sept last year

Cheers

Bill

ok... i have the rattle... going to make sure they know about it when i take it in for the 1000k service.... I can only hear it when i am in 4th at around 3-5k rpm... all other gears seem not to have the rattle... so yeah... i guess its more of a rattle within the normal driving conditions for me... though.. it isn't super loud, but i am almost certain it is getting a little louder.

Guys you need to put things into perspective,

We've bought a 30k performance car. At the price its not going to be the quietest car around.

I can live with the little niggles in my car, cos at the end of the day, its a satisfying little thing to hoon around it.

Also Off topic: i use to have a b$%$ch of a time changing 1>2 and now with 25k on the clock its sweet.

Just enjoy the cars great points, not the .05% of negatives!!!

hey sportivo, i dont exactly got 30k either....

Mine is on finance now and im about to be stung with insurance renewal for $1000.

But im just saying... its not exactly a luxury car....

Compare the Type R (noisy rattly tin-can) to the Accord Euro :P I bet the Type-R is noisier and has more rattles than the Stivo, and costs $10K more! But i personally don't mind rattles and noises so long as they are not a problem! The Stivo does have some problems :angry: !

ok as much as ur not supposed to compare s'tvio wif the type-r as it is 10-15K more BUT my mate has a type-r and yes it is noisier BUT IN A GOOD WAY....i.e. its not rattles or **** sounding like its falling apart or squeels its the sound of that VERY impressive engine going nuts. Besides that though i think if we had 10-15k extra spent on the s'tivo there probably wouldnt be these issues.

Either way NO ONE mistake what i have said I ENJOY MY CAR & LOVE EVERY MINUTE DRIVING IT...but it would be good to iron out these niggly things

Cheers

Bill

ok as much as ur not supposed to compare s'tvio wif the type-r as it is 10-15K more BUT my mate has a type-r and yes it is noisier BUT IN A GOOD WAY....i.e. its not rattles or **** sounding like its falling apart or squeels its the sound of that VERY impressive engine going nuts. Besides that though i think if we had 10-15k extra spent on the s'tivo there probably wouldnt be these issues.

Either way NO ONE mistake what i have said I ENJOY MY CAR & LOVE EVERY MINUTE DRIVING IT...but it would be good to iron out these niggly things

Cheers

Bill

Agree with you xoom, the Type-R is in a league of its own and the noise it makes is music to the driver's and on-lookers' ears :P But was just trying to make a point about cost and NVH. Higher costs doesn't = lower NVH and take the Type-R down the freeway for a couple of hours drive and most people will be bitching about the lack of noise/sound insulation. So the Type-R being $15K more expensive than the Stivo and $10K more than the Accord Euro doesn't mean a quiter more comfy ride. All up, the Stivo is a bang for the $30K i loaned and nothing will come close to such a complete package even if it has a dozen problems!

Had my car in for the 10k service at Toyota and yes they are aware of the gear selector issue at my dealer but like everywhere else there is no solution atm.

Also had a swarm of crazy bees at 2500rpm which in fact turns out to be the heatshield underneath was rattling. Rocks?Small children? Who knows? :blink:

End of dribble

later

D.