spiders in my stivo!

recently i seen a few spiders on my stivo roof, they were baby spiders b4 and now grown bigger! and the spider webs keep building up on driver door mirror, what can i do????i worry that one day iam driving a big spider climb on to me, will the bug remover thing do the job????and i dont think going to car wash is working, help me please :(

haha, i got this problem too, big time. Got about 5 webs around my car, all occupied, in the mirrors, door seals, boot seal, petrol cap. I clean the car with a gerny (high pressure hose) and it will be good for a few days, but after the vehicle lives in the shed, the vermin infest it.

I dont mind too much, just makes the car look a little dilapidated, but if you are really finding an issue, i would investigate some sort of vermin repellant that wont damage your paint work, or perhaps look to the source of the spiders, being the place where you park your car!

I would find where the spiders nests are. Once this huge spider jumped onto my side mirror from a tree. I freaked out (i am a arachnicphobia), so i tried to get rid of it by moving the side mirror by the button (of course). The damn thing actually went inside my sidemirrors and hide in there in comfort. You can see its legs too, far out man, that was an eeri moment for me. Luckily someone get rid of it for me.

The last thing you'd want is to have a spider jump at you while you're driving. :lol:

I had this problem once too but luckily the day I washed my car, it was hiding above the door sill on the side so I went and got my broom stick and WHAM!!! :D

These spiders are smart, they'll get inside your car without a problem. What I'd suggest is parking your car in a warm sunny place as it encourages the spider to leave. Spiders don't like the sun or heat, they love shade. Just make sure your windows are up when you park, particularly at night.

I also heard those people who spray down houses with insect spray can also spray the underbody of your car as well. Maybe give them a call and see what they suggest.

i still have one, its in the front left area of my engine bay.... everytime i go to the carwash and flush it out with a pressure hose.... it makes cobwebs again.... next time ill use baygon insect spray.... make it go to sleep and flush it out lets see how that works... other then that.... iv got no other spiders living anywhere.... I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!

I think i have the "V" spiders living on my car...

they like to windscreen surf... they stand there.. then go all flat when i accelerate..

i try tricking them sometimes by going really slow.. then when they make a break for it.. i floor it..

funny watching a spider go up over your roof :)

I think i have the "V" spiders living on my car...

they like to windscreen surf... they stand there.. then go all flat when i accelerate..

i try tricking them sometimes by going really slow.. then when they make a break for it.. i floor it..

funny watching a spider go up over your roof :)

i do that to all bugs that i find on my windscreen, they dont tend to hold one too much after you hit lift over 100km/hr....

Spiders are cool it's snakes I hate. When you mountain bike and especially at night you run into heaps of spiders webs straight into your face. You can't freak out too much as on a downhill run you can't even take one hand off to get it off your face.

Better to put up with it crawing down your neck then crashing.

Spiders are cool it's snakes I hate. When you mountain bike and especially at night you run into heaps of spiders webs straight into your face. You can't freak out too much as on a downhill run you can't even take one hand off to get it off your face.

Better to put up with it crawing down your neck then crashing.

:lol::lol: Thanks for putting it in perspective for us mtbrider. :lol::lol:

anyone experienced a huntsman running along their dash?!

now thats scary for a phobic like me.

Yeh man, that's the one that jumped onto my side mirrors and hide in there. They are actually harmless according to this fella who tried to catch it from my car.

I would find where the spiders nests are. Once this huge spider jumped onto my side mirror from a tree. I freaked out (i am a arachnicphobia), so i tried to get rid of it by moving the side mirror by the button (of course). The damn thing actually went inside my sidemirrors and hide in there in comfort. You can see its legs too, far out man, that was an eeri moment for me. Luckily someone get rid of it for me.

Check the mail before you open it Danz cause it may be the big fat hairy rubber spider I sent you for Christmas :P

I remember once playing as a kid in a double decker bus that my Dad looked after for some people and my Brother and a few mates used to play war games inside and it was great until the day my brother hid in a cupboard and felt something crawling across his shoulder... he thought it was a thread off his shirt till he opened the door to find a huge huntsman sitting on his shoulder like a parrot. Never seen him move so fast :lol: The abdomen on this spider was about the size of a golf ball. To this day I've never seen a huntsman that big or found one so hard to kill ;)

oh man i hate spiders too

lucky they dont come near my car

hopefully theres none on my car...

anyway hit em where it hurts

on my garbage bin i have heaps of spiders

i just spray this insect killer **** and they drop dead

but the next day, their cousins come to occupy the place or something

it never ends...

im yet to experience a spider in my car while i drive... i also have arachnophobia so im not looking forward to it...

i hate spring cos they all seem to come out and build webs wherever they can.. usually across my front door so when i step outside i cop the web in the face.. then i spend the next 20 seconds frantically trying to remove the web from my hair and then the next 10 minutes thinking everything that touches me is a spider...its a cruel world sometimes :P

p43b_artcar_spider.jpg

Edited by blue_rolla

anyone experienced a huntsman running along their dash?!

now thats scary for a phobic like me.

Yeh man, that's the one that jumped onto my side mirrors and hide in there. They are actually harmless according to this fella who tried to catch it from my car.

they're not entirely harmless but a bite from them won't kill you either. it'll just give you a bit of discomfort. its just the size of them that freaks you out and the speed they have makes them hard to catch.

im yet to experience a spider in my car while i drive... i also have arachnophobia so im not looking forward to it...

i hate spring cos they all seem to come out and build webs wherever they can.. usually across my front door so when i step outside i cop the web in the face.. then i spend the next 20 seconds frantically trying to remove the web from my hair and then the next 10 minutes thinking everything that touches me is a spider...its a cruel world sometimes :P

p43b_artcar_spider.jpg

A VW powered spider I see B)