Have a look at the new Corolla in JP

Enny Mini,

Not to be rude or anything...but that is why it is called a face lift :)

Still, it looks alright, it is keeping with the corolla image of bland. Ours is just a hotted up kind of bland. If you know what I mean?

From the looks of that webpage though the 4wd is only available in the 100kw 1.8 and the 1.5 only and on top of that it looks like those 2 models are both auto's with only the version with the 2zz engine offering a manual :( :( imaging a rolla with 6speed - 141kw & 4wd ....as long as they could boost the torque some how man that would be an animal :D :D ....SO anyone thinking of forced induction and 4wd kit ??? :P :P

A 4wd would be great if you were adding a turbo,

The extra 100kg or so for a AWD system and the loss of efficiency by having 3 diffs instead of 1 would prob add another second to the 0-100 time.

So i would say for our car it would be a waste, unless it was heavily modded for performance.

Enny Mini,

Not to be rude or anything...but that is why it is called a face lift :)

Still, it looks alright, it is keeping with the corolla image of bland. Ours is just a hotted up kind of bland. If you know what I mean?

No offense taken mate :P

Well, what I ment was they could have done BETTER than rip off OUR stivo parts + interior as well that was what I was gettin at..

Okay, I'll give em some credit for the facelift that their speedo is a cool white :P

the centre console where the climate control looks pretty nice. blackish chrome with chrome buttons..

i'd prefer that over the 'silver' finish we have at the moment.

-Chris

Cool... they sell a TRD Sports M version in Japan, just like for the Celica before.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/customize/runx_c.html

If you look at the power chart, it hits 150kW with the air filter and exhaust.

I wonder if we can get the black Sparco Star II seats.. .Would it still comply to ADR? The Sportivo doesn't have side airbags deployed from the seats, so it shouldn't affect safety.

The trip computer display is yummy too... Hmm... fuel consumption readout... yummm...

Aaron

on top of that it looks like those 2 models are both auto's with only the version with the 2zz engine offering a manual :(

Go to the website which was linked, it says 6MT and SuperECT 4AT for the 2ZZ-GE, looks like the sportivo of the future comes in an Auto too :).

Cool... they sell a TRD Sports M version in Japan, just like for the Celica before.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/customize/runx_c.html

If you look at the power chart, it hits 150kW with the air filter and exhaust.

I wonder if we can get the black Sparco Star II seats.. .Would it still comply to ADR? The Sportivo doesn't have side airbags deployed from the seats, so it shouldn't affect safety.

The trip computer display is yummy too... Hmm... fuel consumption readout... yummm...

Aaron

I didnt see that page.....

i want a GIALLA SPORTIVO now...hehehe.. :)

i dont like the new look. looks abit cheap and for some reason it doesnt look like a toyota.

ours looks heaps better :D

lets hope ours stays faster :unsure:

i just got sent this info on msn, dont know if it has any relevance

New Corolla XRS

Toyota has revealed its new 170 horsepower 2005 Corolla XRS. The new Corolla model comes with a version of the 1.8-litre, 4-cylinder DOHC engine. It has a six-speed manual transmission as does the Toyota Celica GT-S and Matrix XRS.

The engine creates 170 horsepower and features intelligent Variable Valve Timing with Lift.

Link here

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040427-2.htm

The Corolla XRS is a sedan version. It is different from the sedan we have here. It is like the Corolla Altis shape that they sell in Malaysia and Singapore. Plus... the peak torque comes at 4400rpm instead of the Sportivo's lovely 6800rpm.

But, I'd have to say that the black-on-black interior is nice.

Aaron