Toyota finally acknowledges problem

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know i got talking to toyota australia today and i have finally gotten from them that

1)The gear selector cable is a problem with the car and NOT a characteristic. It is a problem which doesnt warrent a recall as they still dont know how to fix it.

2)The problem is currently back with design team in Japan and they are trying to resolve the issue.

So for all those hard hours/days/months of trying to convince that this is a problem and not just us being pisy consumers has finally paid off. So to any1 who says we r simply being 2 picky well NO IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE WE ARE AS IT IS A PROBLEM :P :P :P :P AND TOYOTA NOW ACKNOWLEDGES THAT.

Cheers

Bill

Well Done Bill :D

did they say that they will put this in writing for you? I would ask for this just in case they turn around and say their's no problems....

Lawrence

hmmmm good point..... <_< <_< She said she is sending me out a letter but i really didnt get the details of what it would contain. Well ill just wait and see.

wen i get it if it has nothing about the fact that there is a problem i will b ringing them back up and asking for something in writing. The one thing that they indicated is not many people have rung up about the problem. So PEOPLE please ring up and have your voices heard the number is (02) 9710 3955 & 1800 252 097 as the more pressure there is the higher priority this will get to be fixed

sport1vo - what u p1ssed about ?

QUICKSILVER - suggested they talk to the dealer that did that stuff for your car and wat they basically told me is that wat was done isnt a toyota sanctioned fix and the only way it will be is if it comes from the designers in japan or something so unless the guys in SA can get their 2 cents worth to the guys in japan it wont be an official fix.