CAI is Incredible

Is it worth doing a CAI setup on a Corolla Conquest (Automatic), or would i just be wasting my money?

So one person said its a waste, and others disagree in general (but from what i gather these are all sportivos).

So what about just plain Conquest Automatic? Worth it? or just like Leasaunce said, there's no point?

hrmmzzz...maybe you should take little steps to tuning first? ....hehe check out PROJECT EL CHEAPO - hang around and grab my (formerly MAP81's Sportivo option muffler) :lol: ...but then again, El Cheapo is lookin' at CAI's atm B)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it worth doing a CAI setup on a Corolla Conquest (Automatic), or would i just be wasting my money?

So one person said its a waste, and others disagree in general (but from what i gather these are all sportivos).

So what about just plain Conquest Automatic? Worth it? or just like Leasaunce said, there's no point?

mate he has a camry, i have had both 1zz and 2zz rollas and CAI is worth its weight in gold. ask hsien he has an auto 1zz and he loves the CAI.

Im still trying to figure out why an auto is going to gain less than a manual?

Obviously the auto box is going to sap more power than the manual, but gains should be proportional if the motor is the same no?

Edited by -JC-

Will having a CAI make it harder to pass my rego when my car is more than 3 years old (other than going to joe bloggs mechanic who passes you without even seeing your car - just in case rules change on who can issue em).

hrmmzzz...maybe you should take little steps to tuning first? ....hehe check out PROJECT EL CHEAPO - hang around and grab my (formerly MAP81's Sportivo option muffler) :lol: ...but then again, El Cheapo is lookin' at CAI's atm B)

You still trying to sell me that muffler? :P

I'll consider it, though if i do get CAI, i might as well get a full exhaust setup to to compliment it, though its more so the auto transmission that worries me <_<

How is project el-cheapo coming along anyway? Got wheels yet?

Edited by neK

• 2 weeks later...

Bills car pulled 108kw stock and there were some cars there with cai that were pulling 104-105kw if i remember correct . All the cars that got over 110kw were early 03 models, i think they have different heads and flow better at top end.

mines an 04 and i pulled 4th highest :P over 110kw

Dude I wanna install one as well. I live near st albans as well.

Any chance of a test drive. lol :lol:

mate he has a camry, i have had both 1zz and 2zz rollas and CAI is worth its weight in gold. ask hsien he has an auto 1zz and he loves the CAI.

Yep Corey is right, I absolute loved it.... :P

Seriously mate, even though its an automatic, putting a CAI, extractor and cat back exhaust will make ur car so much nicer to drive. My auto sedan was beautiful to drive after getting these mods done. Especially when the car is loaded with people, you can really feel the difference. Makes the car easier to live with i tell u... :D

I miss my car... :(

Edited by Hsien

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not. My 03 Sportivo put out an extra 13.3kW on the dyno after I intalled my TRD CAI. I wouldn't think it'd make that much difference, but that's what the figures tell me. The first time my stock Sportivo went on the dyno was back in 2004 after the recall, in which it put out 100.1kW. After I intalled my CAI, I had the 2nd dyno just over a week ago and it gave a reading of 113.4kW. It's running leaner than it used to and it's putting out more power so I'm not complaining.

You still trying to sell me that muffler? :P

I'll consider it, though if i do get CAI, i might as well get a full exhaust setup to to compliment it, though its more so the auto transmission that worries me <_<

How is project el-cheapo coming along anyway? Got wheels yet?

CAI on a conquest? .... :D YES!! Wheels FOR el cheapo? YES! :D ...Wheels ON el cheapo... NO <_< :( - i sold them once again - i really really want stivo styles

Check it out :

PROJECT EL CHEAPO

Bills car pulled 108kw stock and there were some cars there with cai that were pulling 104-105kw if i remember correct . All the cars that got over 110kw were early 03 models, i think they have different heads and flow better at top end.

Augment -> Bill's car pulled 112kw stock (with K&N filter or stock filter 111.7kw stock), and was the last of the pre-facelift models 2004.

Believe it or not. My 03 Sportivo put out an extra 13.3kW on the dyno after I intalled my TRD CAI. I wouldn't think it'd make that much difference, but that's what the figures tell me. The first time my stock Sportivo went on the dyno was back in 2004 after the recall, in which it put out 100.1kW. After I intalled my CAI, I had the 2nd dyno just over a week ago and it gave a reading of 113.4kW. It's running leaner than it used to and it's putting out more power so I'm not complaining.

Good stuff dude, well done. Has it also improved fuel economy as well?

I haven't really noticed an obvious improvement in fuel economy.

I filled up the tank yesterday and the last tank I did about 530km with 51.5L of petrol, so that's about 9.7L/100km.