Long distance drive on new Sportivo

Hi guys,

I just wanted to hear everyones thoughts on long distance drives and whether or not it is proven

to be the best and ideal thing for a new car to go a long way :unsure:

Im planning a drive and wasnt so sure whether I should take my new pride and joy :D

I honestly believe it will do the car the world of good going on a drive.

My only concern is road and stone chips

:(

Cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long distance trip is the best thing you can do to a new motor!

wears everything in and the motor is under less stress!

Sorry to disagree with you Corzza but a long highway trip is not good for running a car in as the car tends to stay at the same speed for long periods of time. For the first 1000k you should varying your driving as much as possible. I wouldn't hit lift if I was you either because until your first service at 1000k the car has a thinner oil than the norm specifically for running the vehicle in.

A long distance trip is the best thing you can do to a new motor!

wears everything in and the motor is under less stress!

Sorry to disagree with you Corzza but a long highway trip is not good for running a car in as the car tends to stay at the same speed for long periods of time. For the first 1000k you should varying your driving as much as possible. I wouldn't hit lift if I was you either because until your first service at 1000k the car has a thinner oil than the norm specifically for running the vehicle in.

no worries! i actually meant after 1000km. i didnt write it.

but yeah when i was running in my turbo motor they told me to drive it around town and after 1000km then to go on a long drive to settle everything.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Stone chips are just one of those things.....they are bound to happend and like IZZ-FE said you are more likely to get them in the suburbs rather than on the open highway.

My car has just hit 8,000kms on the ODO so it will be good to give her a nice smooth and steady ride.

I recently did a long drive thru Coffs-Dubbo-Griffith-Bathurst-Sydney-Coffs

I hit 210kmh at the start of sixth (2zz), was still pulling...but i backed off. It was SO stable at speed!!! (especially compared to my old ED falcon at 180kmh. The Corolla loves a trip.

I highly recommend a drive to Bathurst for a day trip from Sydney, Mount Panorama is definatly a must for any car nut, even at 70kmh over the top its a hoot!!. (drive around a few times to suss out if theres any cameras)

Nothing Suss <_<

i drove my stivo from melbourne to brisbane at 28,000km and the car runs much better now, better fuel economy too ;) all good reports from me

ohh, and i didnt get one stone chip on the whole 1690km trip either ;)

I recently did a long drive thru Coffs-Dubbo-Griffith-Bathurst-Sydney-Coffs

I hit 210kmh at the start of sixth (2zz), was still pulling...but i backed off. It was SO stable at speed!!! (especially compared to my old ED falcon at 180kmh. The Corolla loves a trip.

I highly recommend a drive to Bathurst for a day trip from Sydney, Mount Panorama is definatly a must for any car nut, even at 70kmh over the top its a hoot!!. (drive around a few times to suss out if theres any cameras)

Nothing Suss <_<

Do you think corolla sportivo would hit 235? Whats the max speed of it?

I'd say the sportivo wont have enough torque in the top end to push through to 235 in a decent amount of time, not without a LONG straight road or LONG downhill section :P

a stock MY01 WRX struggles to accelerate after 215km/h due to the wind resistance at that speed. And it has much more power/torque than a sportivo

I'd say the sportivo wont have enough torque in the top end to push through to 235 in a decent amount of time, not without a LONG straight road or LONG downhill section :P

a stock MY01 WRX struggles to accelerate after 215km/h due to the wind resistance at that speed. And it has much more power/torque than a sportivo

Depends on weather ofcourse, on a good weather sportivo should bringdown 235 in time. Seen honda s2000 stock hit 280 downhill? Crazyyy!!!

Edited by Buri_Sportivo