Stock Corolla 15"s -> 16" Stock Sportivo Rims

neK

Contemplating on buying the 16" stock stivo rims and fitting then on my 03 Corolla Conquest that came with the 15" alloy 195/60/R15.

Just want to know is there anything i should be aware of? eg guard scraping, etc.

Also can i fit 225/50/R16 or 205/55/R16 on them without any scraping or would i just be better sticking with the 195/55/R16? (I got them tyre sizes from the bridgestone site when i entered Toyota Corolla Sportivo).

Edited by neK

Check out http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html to compare tyre sizes.

I use 205/50/16 tyres since that's the closest match to the original diameter but you could get away with using 195/55/16 tyres which gives a 1% speedo difference. As for the rims I don't think there would be any major problems since they are the same width as the 15" alloys i.e. 15*6JJ compared to 16*6JJ and I assume the offset would be pretty similar aswell...

Edited by Conquest

Check out http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html to compare tyre sizes.

I use 205/50/16 tyres since that's the closest match to the original diameter but you could get away with using 195/55/16 tyres which gives a 1% speedo difference. As for the rims I don't think there would be any major problems since they are the same width as the 15" alloys i.e. 15*6JJ compared to 16*6JJ and I assume the offset would be pretty similar aswell...

speedo being out isnt a major concern, its more the scraping thats a concern to me.

Probably looking @ 205/55/R16 as thats the cheapest out of the three.

Would this size scrape at ALL (Im not lowering the car, its running @ Stock Corolla suspension).

Edited by neK

I don't think there would be a problem, there's quite a bit of space under the guards...

EDIT: Just remembered there was at least one member (grimlock) who had Sportivo rims on the sedan, I know there were pictures posted but I can't seem to find them at the moment...

Edited by Conquest

If i decided to just change the tyres on my 15" instead (195/60/R15), would putting on 205/60/R15 scrape?

If your car hasn't been lowered, I highly doubt it.

man .. isnt the corolla stivo and the 1zz the same chassis? if so why would putting the stivo rims on a 1zz affect it at all ??

I don't think there would be a problem, there's quite a bit of space under the guards...

EDIT: Just remembered there was at least one member (grimlock) who had Sportivo rims on the sedan, I know there were pictures posted but I can't seem to find them at the moment...

COnquest boys, hello! I also have a 2003 conquest, and i've recently acquired sportivo rims! keep an eye on PROJECT EL CHEAPO, i'll be putting them on in about two months time - till the stockies wear out to illegal proportions , but i'm getting mine lowered tomorrow :rolleyes: *so exciting*!

i saw an accent running sportivo rims, and it looked fine, no scrapping what so ever B) , after all sportivo and conquest, all come from the same corolla blood line :D - Nek do u have the stivo rims atm?

The overall diamter of the Sportivo wheel & tyre Is almost exactly the same is the overall diameter of the wheel & tyre on other variants of Corolla's. The only diiference is that the actual wheel size is larger but this is offset by the lower profile tyre on the Sportivo, This means that there would be no problem in doing a swap as any difference's would be very small. Hope this helps. :D

If i decided to just change the tyres on my 15" instead (195/60/R15), would putting on 205/60/R15 scrape?

I looked at 205/60R15's for our Conquest wagon, and the tyre dealer didn't think there'd be any concerns, although the increase in overall diameter was just on the good side of legal here in Qld.

I really wanted Yokohama A539's, though, and I was able to locate some in a 205/55R15, which is only a couple of mm different to 195/60's. The combination of a slightly wider tread, with a slightly stiffer sidewall has made a big difference to the handling.

The only downside was the extra cost ($25-30 per tyre more than Yokohama's 195/60 tyres), but I'm a fan of those tyres so I could justify the extra expense.

Edited by Buddha

... The combination of a slightly wider tread, with a slightly stiffer sidewall has made a big difference to the handling.

Yeah I agree, it's only a 2cm difference in width but it makes the world of difference in handling. I don't know about other drivers but for me the 195's felt a little too skinny & when I pushed it into a corner I was always concerned about understeer...