C-HR fuel consumption

JPBJK

Hi All,

Just wondering how other C-HR's are performing fuel wise? Currently I can't get below 7.3L/100km no matter how carefully I drive. I came across a good review where it mentioned they got the test car to match the promoted figure: http://www.carconversation.com.au/reviews/2017-toyota-c-hr-koba-review but I was wondering how everyone else's C-HR was on fuel?

Anyone get below 6.4L/100km??

I would also be interested in reading the response to this question.  I don't have mine yet, but I always get better than the advertised L/100km with my cars.

My long term average is sitting around 7.1 or so. A thing I have noticed is that my long runs (traditionally my work drive) is usually 6.1 to 6.3 but it's the shorter runs around my local area which can average 8+ that push the longer term average out.

• Like 1

I have 1597K mixed urban and country driving and am showing 6.8. It was at 8 on delivery.

I do not drive hard and do not try and be economical.

I am aware from past experience (Subaru's) that AWD cars can be heavy on fuel. I never, in reality, expected the AWD CVT combination in a real life situation to be less than 8 or 9.

Maybe I am cynical of claimed fuel consumption, however, at 6.8 I am very impressed as I have never achieved manufacturers claimed consumption. 

A couple of questions I would be considering if you are not achieving less than 7:

• what type of terrain do you drive in?
    • hills
    • suburbs
    • stop signs
    • Victoria, New South Wales or Queensland (all big negatives). 
  • which fuel do you use?
    • ethanol blended
  • are you using radar cruise and self-acceleration?
  • which driving mode are you in? 
  • do you try and keep the leaf as green as possible during manual acceleration?

Update:

Decided to commute by car today (40klm into the city) 15/06/17, 0600 - 0620hrs. At 60kph average speed, fuel consumption was 6.5L/100k. 

Edited by Surfsideminer
Update
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JPBJK said:

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Very interesting to keep monitoring this.

How many of you are using 98?

currently at 7.5 after 450 odd kms - slowly coming down after my flog through the hill on the weekend

My drive to work this morning came out at 6.0 after 36kms

using 95

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2017 at 6:32 PM, JPBJK said:

Hi All,

Just wondering how other C-HR's are performing fuel wise? Currently I can't get below 7.3L/100km no matter how carefully I drive. I came across a good review where it mentioned they got the test car to match the promoted figure: http://www.carconversation.com.au/reviews/2017-toyota-c-hr-koba-review but I was wondering how everyone else's C-HR was on fuel?

Anyone get below 6.4L/100km??

As individual drives - Think my best has been 5.9L/100km when I bother to look at the report when stopping

This is a 36 km drive from Rowville to Port Melbourne starting at 6:00am

Down Wellington Road/Princes Highway/Queens Parade/Kings Way and a tad of side ramp of the Wesgate Fwy 

Traffic is already fairly heavy and plenty of traffic lights - Stops/Starts - arriving just before 7:00am

Contrary my drive home at 4pm (to 5.:30pm or 6:00pm - Traffic Dependent) back the same route, returns middle 7 figures

But overall, in just over 1000kms - The lifetime gauge finally said 7.0L/100kms this morning :smile:

As you said JPPJK - I am driving carefully to see what I can attain

I know I wont get this when I plant the foot a little more - will still be more frugal than my previous car though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just took a run to Ballarat on Saturday to see the Doctor Blake exhibition

The car pulled brilliantly up the hills with the wife and I aboard

I was Hovering around 7.0 / 7.1 all week

But car is on 6.7 today after that trip

And Tradie's day off today made for a smoother run to work

Loving this economy :smile:

Avg of 6.8 after 900k. Not sure what dealr put in for first tank, but second tank was filled with 98. It feels smoother, quieter and faster after putting in 98. 

Most of my driving has been work commute (city link - through carlton) so generally heavy traffic. Pretty happy with this result.

A  work colleague told me yesterday that their uncle imported a hybrid Koba into Singapore and is trying to break the 1000k before refuelling. Seems like lots of people enjoy the economy. 

• 4 weeks later...