Great car

Akkadian

Just picked up my first Aurion today and drove it 500km home.  Wow what a wonderful car.  2007 Touring with 212,000k.  Smooth, quiet, powerful, no sticky dash, no smoke, no noisy startup.  Couldn’t be happier and what an awesome transmission.  Hardly feel it changing gear at all and kicks down smoothly.  

Bought it at auction with no service history so was taking a bit of a risk but open the glovebox when I pick it up and it has the owners manual, purchase docs and full service docs from 5000km right up to current from the original Toyota dealer. Bonus!

One tiny thing.  It has a full size spare but its a plain steel wheel rather than one of the factory mags.  Is that normal?

16 hours ago, Akkadian said:

Just picked up my first Aurion today and drove it 500km home.  Wow what a wonderful car.  2007 Touring with 212,000k.  Smooth, quiet, powerful, no sticky dash, no smoke, no noisy startup.  Couldn’t be happier and what an awesome transmission.  Hardly feel it changing gear at all and kicks down smoothly.  

Bought it at auction with no service history so was taking a bit of a risk but open the glovebox when I pick it up and it has the owners manual, purchase docs and full service docs from 5000km right up to current from the original Toyota dealer. Bonus!

One tiny thing.  It has a full size spare but its a plain steel wheel rather than one of the factory mags.  Is that normal?

Congratulations on your purchase. You are spot on when you say smooth & powerful.

They are great cars alright. Lucky you found the service history too. Looks like it's been well looked after.

Regarding the spare wheel, that might have been a 40 series thing to give a stock steel rim, because in the 50 series you do get a 5th alloy for a spare. Keep in mind the ATX in the 40 series had hub caps over steel rims. The 50 series ATX has 16" Alloys.

So the placement of steel rims as spares, even in the higher models, seemed the order of the day.

The steel wheels were supplied with the 16 inch wheel models in the 40 series. The 17 inch models had a matching wheel from my experience. The TRD models used a 17 inch Camry Sportivo wheel painted yellow.

My 2011 Touring has matching 5th mags but i will upgrade mags and tyres next year going from 17 to 18 inches and putting the old ones in the shed or on mum's mazda 6 car (i will check stud pattern later).

Thanks for all the replies.  Aside from the spare wheel query the bloody dash is sticky now after one day in the blazing sun.  Obviously spoke too soon!

Nevermind.  Still a great car.

3 hours ago, Akkadian said:

Thanks for all the replies.  Aside from the spare wheel query the bloody dash is sticky now after one day in the blazing sun.  Obviously spoke too soon!

Nevermind.  Still a great car.

If it’s a 2007 model and the dash is getting sticky, good luck to you man. Try search ‘Melting dash in toyota, Mazda, Lexus cars Australia’ Facebook group. 

It is said that the dash melting problem is like once it starts, the whole dash will get melted very quickly. Personally I don’t have experience with this problem but this problem is a common problem for GSV40 series model. You may need to take it seriously man. Toyota will offer free dash replacement for those cars within 10 yrs old.

6 hours ago, PengNZ said:

If it’s a 2007 model and the dash is getting sticky, good luck to you man. Try search ‘Melting dash in toyota, Mazda, Lexus cars Australia’ Facebook group. 

It is said that the dash melting problem is like once it starts, the whole dash will get melted very quickly. Personally I don’t have experience with this problem but this problem is a common problem for GSV40 series model. You may need to take it seriously man. Toyota will offer free dash replacement for those cars within 10 yrs old.

Thanks PengNZ.  Yes over 10 years old (March this year) and I did know about the problem with this model when I bought it so was rolling the dice and hoping I had a good one.  Have a dash mat coming which will hide the issue and if I hate the problem enough I will look to source a secondhand dash next year.