My plates

Ok i have a few questions for you guys with personalized plates.

1: say you have a lot of paper work with your orginal plate rego on it and you get personalized plates. Do you have to update all that paper work to your new rego? insurance,your dealership etc etc

2: Are your original plates and the personalized plates linked? If you run up the plate number will it show they belong to the same car?

3: What happens to your original plate number once you have personalized plates? Do they wipe it off ther RTA system? for example it you cancel your personalized plate will you go back to your original rego plates number?

thanks alot guys!

Ok i have a few questions for you guys with personalized plates.

1: say you have a lot of paper work with your orginal plate rego on it and you get personalized plates. Do you have to update all that paper work to your new rego? insurance,your dealership etc etc

2: Are your original plates and the personalized plates linked? If you run up the plate number will it show they belong to the same car?

3: What happens to your original plate number once you have personalized plates? Do they wipe it off ther RTA system? for example it you cancel your personalized plate will you go back to your original rego plates number?

thanks alot guys!

1 - you will get a new rego sticker .. and you need to inform insurance that you have changed the number plates.

2/3 - not linked as far as I am aware ... the ones you have, are returned to the system.. weather they are used again I dont know ..

pretty simple process ... done it a few times ... worst part is waiting at the RTA ...

old plates go back into the system they're not linked together, but they are both linked to you and your car for the period of time that they were assigned to your car.

If you get rid of the plates and a driving offense comes up for those plates they check the date the offense occured and match it to who owned the plates on that day.

if you get rid of the personalised plates you will get the option of personalising again ($$$) or swaping them for a new standard issue plate (free). It's unlikely you'll get the old plates back unless you ask for them (which could be personalising, $$$)

Thanks jas!

so it means updating! :?

cos the car was bought through the business so it might be a mission for me.

yep u'll have 2 get all ur paper work updated .... come on mate stop being lazy its only a few phone calls :P :P :P :P :P

In SA, you have to keep your original plates so that if you get rid of the personalised plates, the old plate goes back on the car.

Thats what id like! But NSW doesnt do it apparently! <_<

In SA, you have to keep your original plates so that if you get rid of the personalised plates, the old plate goes back on the car.

Thats what id like! But NSW doesnt do it apparently! <_<

If I returned my plates they would just issue me with new standard plates ..

whats the advantage of keeping the old standard plates ?

It wasn't that long ago that in SA you made your own plates with the number they gave you. I can remember seeing lots of SA cars on holidays at the Gold Coast with hand made plates. (when I was a lifesaver at Tugun beach)

poor NSW, i paid a once off fee for my plates, and i get to keep them forever unless they are not actually designated to a certain car, then i'm supposed to hand them in

HAHAHAHAHA @ MY93KW !!@#$

:lol: :lol: :lol:

my thoughts exactly... made me laugh...

yeah its funny! but it wont be funny once iv crossed the line ahead of the critics!

Corzza you should get the number plate "NO LIFE"!!!!!!!! Cause by the looks of it this forum is your life LOL!!!!!!!!

D!CK HEAD !!!

What kinda of mod are you !

Its one thing laughing about 93kw .. .. thats actually funny ...

but the other thing is wrong ...

firstly you start dissin ppls sales .. and now this ...

your supposed to be stopping behaviour like this ... not starting it ..

Corzza you should get the number plate "NO LIFE"!!!!!!!! Cause by the looks of it this forum is your life LOL!!!!!!!!

Thats just plain rude.