My drivers manual says 91 RON petrol for my Camry, but the dealer suggested 95 RON. Which is better?

thisguy

I've got the 4 cylinder Camry SL and the driver's manual said I can use 91 RON for my car. But I have been trying 95 RON. I'm finding 95 RON improves my fuel economy by 1 litre per 100 kilometres (according to the computer) compared to the time I used 91 RON. Am I wasting my money by using 95 RON? Although I have heard 91 RON petrol has more sulphur in it.

Thanks.

+1 

from my testing a few years ago via fuel log,

i also went from 91 -> 95 with 100km, difference,

and when i switched to 98 i got 50km more.

5 hours ago, AlexeiN said:

Hey mate up to you, 95 probably shall give you a smoother drive... can u afford it

Yes, I can afford it. I’m filling up less often than I did in my previous car.

95 is supposedly cleaner/more refined than 91 as well as higher octane giving you the oomph missing when using 91 & improved economy.

@thisguy ps: do you have Hybrid or regular SL ? How do you find it? If Hybrid what's economy like ? cheers

Edited by ZZT86

5 minutes ago, ZZT86 said:

95 is supposedly cleaner/more refined than 91 as well as higher octane giving you the oomph missing when using 91 & improved economy.

@thisguy ps: do you have Hybrid or regular SL ? How do you find it? If Hybrid what's economy like ? cheers

I have the regular SL with 4 cylinders. 

At one stage I was considering a hybrid but I only average 16,000 kilometers per year. Admittedly that will likely go up slightly, now that I have a much nicer car, but I still couldn’t justify buying a hybrid with the low kilometers I do per year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I would not use 91.
95 or 98 will be fine and will give you no problem except for maybe better performance and economy.
Lately I have been using E10 (94) in both our cars and they are running very nice on it, better than the 95/98 i had been using.
In the end.. it is up to you.  Try them all ...

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2018 at 8:44 AM, jeffy said:

from my testing a few years ago via fuel log,

i also went from 91 -> 95 with 100km, difference,

and when i switched to 98 i got 50km more.

I have experienced very similar numbers