Transmission wont work

Deyrick

Forum diagnosis' can be tricky deyrick, especially when or if you have an electronic or mechanical issue or both.

If you have another car you can use, get yourself a service manual and familiarise yourself with it and check the basics first.

It is strange how you have no check engine light or any other warning lights, which leads me to think that it could be a mechanical issue the computer can't see.

Who scanned it for you ? What scanner did they use ? Did they try to clear the code/s ?

Too many variables here I'm afraid. 

If you've read the links provived by Ashley and this hasn't worked, then maybe it's time for a qualifed mechanic to inspect it.

Quick one. When you say it feels like It's in Neutral when engaging Drive, does it make any kind of whining sound from the drive train ? Any unusual noise ?

You need to be more specific.

No strange noises at all just revs as if in park speedo doesn't move don't know what type of scanner but he had to use tab like things in it to suit my car

In short, this is what I obtained from the Toyota Aurion Service Manual in the "Transmission" section

Vehicle does not move in any forward and reverse
positions.

1. Valve body assembly AX-181
2. Torque converter clutch AX-239

If you have the inclination and time, Perhaps do a fluid flush and inspect your transmission fluid. There's plenty of info on that here.

Remove the strainer and see if there is any metal material in there and also in the drain pan. There are two magnets in the pan ready to catch any metallic bits.

The transmission was probably already on the way out and you may have just helped it into another dimension. TRD's weren't purchased by old ladies if you know what I mean.

If you don't have time to do any of the above, I'd seriously have it flat bedded over to a Highly Qualified Toyota Dealer for a thorough analysis. These modern cars are very sophisticated and really needs a qualified Technician who knows what he's looking at.

I hope you didn't pay that guy who gave you the C1201 code..

I wish you best of luck mate. let us know how you go.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Deyrick said:

I'm in adelaide an can get low ks trans supplied an fitted for  $1300 just gotta wait to save up the coin

Mate, that is a bargain. Grab it with both hands. I hope it works out for you Pal. Be patient. Soon you'll be back here with nothing but good news.

Cheers and stay safe buddy :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Good deal mate. So, did they interrogate the old tranny to see what it was exactly ? Would be good to know what the failure point is on these U660E transmissions.

Glad to hear it's all better now. Enjoy your TRD Deyrick !

Post up some pics if you like.

Good News Deyrick, glad it is all up and running again, As Tony asked ..what was the failure point?..let us know as it is always handy to have that information

And let us see the beauty now it is back on the road

KAA

• 4 months later...

This YouTube video shows a rebuild of the U660E transmission. Guy certainly sounds as though he knows the transmission and points out some of the failure points. I had previously read about that pressed in bearing so one good reason why I am usually gentle on the accelerator.