Australians, you are at least one year back in corolla versions!

Yes, after a through search of Toyota sites in Australia, I came to the conclusion that the versions which are offered now in Australia used to be offered at least one year ago or even more here in Saudi Arabia. I am talking about the Sedan and the Wagon since we dont have the hatchback. If you look at the front and rear lamps, you would see a clear difference in design.

Guys, calm down........................ I was astonished because of the fact that Australia is a developed country while Saudi Arabia is still a developing one. I though that Australia would be way ahead of us here. I remember I went to karachi, Pakistan in 2003 and I made a reservation with Avis. They guaranteed me a brand new 2003 corolla. When I saw it at first, I thought they were robbing me bare faced, but because they had problems convincing other customers before, they showed me they side make metal which said 2003! It used to be sold in 1988 in Saudi Arabia! What convinced me more is that the car was so clean and it looked real brand new with only 1500 kms on the gauge.

When I first planned to travel to Australia, I thought that I would find newer versions of the corolla. Now things seem different.

the current corolla's in Australia look very similar to the current runx/allex etc available in Japan.

Toyota still produce cars like the Tazz in SA which is basically an Australian AE92 with a modified AE111 nose and E series motor.

You'll also find that the newer models released around the world are usually the USA / Asian delivered ones which vary in design from the jap spec ones.

But it doesn't matter, coz we're kicking butt at the commonwealth games!

But it doesn't matter, coz we're kicking butt at the commonwealth games!

That is normal though!

We may be a year behind, but how many other countries got the rolla stivo? :huh:

Not us either :(

Yes, after a through search of Toyota sites in Australia, I came to the conclusion that the versions which are offered now in Australia used to be offered at least one year ago or even more here in Saudi Arabia. I am talking about the Sedan and the Wagon since we dont have the hatchback. If you look at the front and rear lamps, you would see a clear difference in design.

Had a look at the Saudi Arabia Toyota website, the styling of those models (as superficial as it is) has been available in various markets for a number of years ... the C-One website has had kits incorporating the Saudi front styling, for example, for quite a while.

Besides, as I said, the styling is superficial, the car itself is the same. Not to mention the fact that we've had the hatch for over 4 years now and you guys don't even have it yet! ;)

Aklobi,

Your SA corolla's revisions are to suit local market tastes in what 'looks appealing', and/or local requirements such as better ventilation requirements for your climate, tougher/softer fabrics etc. The differences you have are not 'generational'. Our spec is not older or newer than yours.

In saying that, WE STILL DON"T HAVE THE 3 DOOR :(

Australia has ALWAYS been behind in corolla generations, at times for 3+yr, that's because we are globally a tiny market, and let's face it, the average corolla buyer is much older than most of us here, and don't care too much.

This is now not a problem, we get the new models pretty much straight away, but choice of only a few variants of any one model compared to Asia.

Karachi- and most of India, has these older "new cars" because they stand up to their s*** roads, and being a developing nation, the average person wants a car as cheaply as possible, but all that is changing there too!

Hmmmz the corollas in Saudi Arabia look the same, just with different headlights.

Personally i dont like the headlights the sedans, but its all up to personal preference.

Three door one looks hot, but what i reckon would be hotter would be the current corolla sedan in a 3 door lift back :D (Similar to the Mazda 6 but 3 door in a corolla!)