To Stivo or not to Stivo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stivo is nice but you cant go too hectic on the mods or else the poor thing will tkae strain!

ir you planning future power (turbo etc) then go for a normal rolla, levin etc.

Not so true petey boy ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Not so true petey boy ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well lets see how long a high revving stivo with turbo will last! :) Compared to a ascent turbo.

ummm if you really want a turboed car I dont think the stivo or levin/ascent is the best car of choice ..

for a hot hatch stivo gets my vote ! .. for the $$ difference in levin and stivo ...

man .. if only they man a sedan with a 2zz for AU

I had a search on the net, here is the SA manafacturers

http://www.southafrica.info/doing_business...autoexports.htm

There are still quite a few -ex demo and new ones floating around.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/...eyword=SPORTIVO

too bad if you want something other than silver ....

they sold off all the other colours cheaply but you pay "premium" prices for DA SILVER :P :P :P

I might be wrong, but i think i did see a cascade blue there as well.

But the reasons why there are so many silvers left over is because that its such a popular colour and in such high demand that they made o so many more.. Lol who knows. But i would get it while you can, they wont be there forever, thats for sure

it will keep up or overtake most automatic V8s around at the moment (MK2 XR8, VZ SS etc.)

I love my Stivo, but theres no way in hell it would keep up with a SS or XR8, sorry, unless they aren't even trying. Its better to compare it to a six.

Edited by Strawberryface

it will keep up or overtake most automatic V8s around at the moment (MK2 XR8, VZ SS etc.)

I love my Stivo, but theres no way in hell it would keep up with a SS or XR8, sorry, unless they aren't even trying. Its better to compare it to a six.

go out to WSID or Wakefield Park and you soon learn otherwise ;)

and he did specify auto, not manual ;)

i do believe with a 14.8 1/4 mile your bound to pass an SS with relative ease!

THe polo isnt as good as you'd think. plus theres a long waiting list for them, similar to the golf waiting list (but not as long)

The clio is ... well its a renault. nice car but it has more issues then the stivo.

I'd go the stivo, unless you're considering serious mods. They're already so highly tuned, you cant take them very much further.

THe polo isnt as good as you'd think. plus theres a long waiting list for them, similar to the golf waiting list (but not as long)

The clio is ... well its a renault. nice car but it has more issues then the stivo.

I'd go the stivo, unless you're considering serious mods. They're already so highly tuned, you cant take them very much further.

In SA there are alot out already and theres a a hype going on but im not sure its that hectic.

Cos in SA we got the 1.9 TDI with 112kw and something like 300Nm the Audi motor! and that thing motors!

But lets see.

Remember that this guy wants a Commodore replacement. Performance aside, a Polo GTI or DC2 Type R won't offer the type of room that this guy is looking for.

I drive a new Commodore all day every day (yawn). Can't wait to get home and do a grocery run (at 6-8k) in the 'stivo. Just so much fun to drive. :lol:

Awesome! just the sort of confirmations and comments I was hoping for! Thanks all for your help and if anyone wants to add more, I'll keep checking back regularly.

To answer someone's posting about the Auto,... NOOOOOOO! must be manual!!!. I bought the Como after getting rid of my skyline and got an auto so my miss's could drive it also LAME! I know, I know,... I'm a loser! but the tides are changing my friends.

BTW Woody, spot of with your post. I still need space to lug stuff around in, in fact I plan on lowering what I get (legally) to help with getting items in the back. It took me about 2min in a Renault dealer to work out the Clio sport would not only squish my nuts together but be a pain in the ***** to get gear in the back. Not to mention that you have to remove the rear butt cushions to get the back support to fold down flat. CRAP! and not practical IMO.

FYI: I'm a muso, so if anyone knows how big a Quad box is, you'll understand why I'm looking for something "Not too small". When I went to a Toyo dealer, they folded the rear seats down for me in the hatch and I just about choked how much space they have.

So here's hope'n I can track down a Tivo. I still much prefer the 05 (or is it 5Y or 92??,... Not sure about what the deal is with that) but the 04 face is growing on me and I think I'm going to have to settle with that if I'm still going to stick to the $25k bugd.

I've been checking Carsales everyday (private and dealer) I would prefer to go with a dealer of course. In SA to date (as someone has already pointed out) there's only two I can find,.... both Silver :-(.

Also, can anyone give an estimation about low RPM power comparisons between the Tivo v Levin? Does the Tivo still feel quicker even in the lower RPM range. Or is like the R32 average until you get it up high in the revs?

Anyways, I'm sure you guys know what it's like when all you can think about is a new little toy and I'm think'in the Tivo's 6th gear is going to make up for me missin out on a manual over the past few years.

Cheers all and will check back soon!

My Stivo is up for sale if you are looking for a second hand one :). (I have a company car now so no more need for my rolla)

I just want to clear the loan out which is currently $21,000.

its an 03 (Oct), no mods except the dealer fitted sports grill and the light up door sills. 56,000 K's or something close to that.

Drop me a line on email if you are interested. blade_hunter@hotmail.com

DOH!

Nah, that's cool. The thought went through my mind to get a couple of tickets over and drive it back, but then I'm going to have to put up with our local road saftey enforcer aplee named "Regency" going through it to get it road worthy in SA.

Trust me, it sounds easy, but in ain't worth the hassle.

The Yocal Toyo dealer I went to said they had one coming in. I think it's an 04 with about 45,000K's for about $25,000. If I can screw him down to about $22, I might say yes. Ahhhh, we'll see.

Cheers Anyways!

DOH!

Nah, that's cool. The thought went through my mind to get a couple of tickets over and drive it back, but then I'm going to have to put up with our local road saftey enforcer aplee named "Regency" going through it to get it road worthy in SA.

Trust me, it sounds easy, but in ain't worth the hassle.

The Yocal Toyo dealer I went to said they had one coming in. I think it's an 04 with about 45,000K's for about $25,000. If I can screw him down to about $22, I might say yes. Ahhhh, we'll see.

Cheers Anyways!

No Dramas. I am about to throw it in the trading post anyway, just thought I would check on the owners club first :).

Bloody thing costs me $755 a month in repayments :( I am sure you can see why I am happy to just sell it off lower than all the others are advertised at :).

Yeah, but a 14.8 is a fairly heavily modified Stivo ... put them side-by-side after 100,000kms and see which is faster! :P

Yeah, but a 14.8 is a fairly heavily modified Stivo ... put them side-by-side after 100,000kms and see which is faster! :P

please show me where my car is heavilly modified...

I have an AEM CAI and a CES exhaust... no other bolt on mods... everything else is rice

I even have the stock clutch and flywheel, and ran on stock wheels and rubber... :D :rolleyes: