New to teh forumz - Stivo owner

Hey all,

I recently bought a 2005 Black Sportivo, great car.. a few things tho.

Just so ppl know where im commin from..

I also own a Aw11 Supercharged Mr2 - I did a full engine conversion myself and have very good knowledge on toyota engines and particulary the 4a range.

1: The suspension.. It sits waayyy to high .. the front end seems quick on the turn in and sits pretty good..

But the rear end is way to sloppy and swings around too much.. Whats the best route to get all this sorted?

2: The motor: Its fantastic.. Its quite good but down low it sounds like a sewing machine and when you get it above 4 grand it makes nice music and sounds throaty.. Its like something in the intake opens up.. IE. VVTI

How can i fix this to be nice and throaty all the time?

3: The stock tyres are quite possibly the *******'st things ever.. i run azenis on my mr2 and the difference is massive.. Is this just me that thinks this.

I guess what im aiming for is to turn this thing into an actual hot hatch.. cause at the moment it feels like the motor is about 20 times more advanced than the rest of the car.. If thats toyota's idea on sports pack then id hate to see what the stock 1zz car steers like? Its just i get my mr2 and i can throw that thing around like an apple in the boot after shopping at woolies! :)

Anyways... This looks like a great forum and would love to stick around.

Cheers,

Lyle

Hey all,

I recently bought a 2005 Black Sportivo, great car.. a few things tho.

Just so ppl know where im commin from..

I also own a Aw11 Supercharged Mr2 - I did a full engine conversion myself and have very good knowledge on toyota engines and particulary the 4a range.

1: The suspension.. It sits waayyy to high .. the front end seems quick on the turn in and sits pretty good..

But the rear end is way to sloppy and swings around too much.. Whats the best route to get all this sorted?

2: The motor: Its fantastic.. Its quite good but down low it sounds like a sewing machine and when you get it above 4 grand it makes nice music and sounds throaty.. Its like something in the intake opens up.. IE. VVTI

How can i fix this to be nice and throaty all the time?

3: The stock tyres are quite possibly the *******'st things ever.. i run azenis on my mr2 and the difference is massive.. Is this just me that thinks this.

I guess what im aiming for is to turn this thing into an actual hot hatch.. cause at the moment it feels like the motor is about 20 times more advanced than the rest of the car.. If thats toyota's idea on sports pack then id hate to see what the stock 1zz car steers like? Its just i get my mr2 and i can throw that thing around like an apple in the boot after shopping at woolies! :)

Anyways... This looks like a great forum and would love to stick around.

Cheers,

Lyle

1. Coilovers

2. CAI

3. Get new tyres?

welcome Lyle,

what state u in.....

for handling, i agree with Strawberryface invest in a good set of coilovers and the handling with imporvve dramatically as i have done.

CAI, headers and exhaust system for the low down to mid range to top end improvements.

Suspension wise a front strut brace and has been mentioned a set of decent coilovers with decent rubber should do it.

CES Racing for the performance improvements http://www.cesracing.com.au/

Whiteline does a nice simple but effective strut brace and Tein, Cusco,D2 or whatever brand you choose will make an improvement. Northy or Danz are the coilover kings around here!!!!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay. :D

CAI, headers and exhaust system for the low down to mid range to top end improvements.

Suspension wise a front strut brace and has been mentioned a set of decent coilovers with decent rubber should do it.

Whiteline does a nice simple but effective strut brace and Tein, Cusco,D2 or whatever brand you choose will make an improvement. Northy or Danz are the coilover kings around here!!!!

how could we possibly forget the CES exhaust :D

We'll I've seen the CES system for the Corolla Sportivo and the other items they have just finished off for the Sportivo and I have to say that the quality is second to none and from the experience I have in the auto industry CES have prolly the best reputation around for the stuff that delivers the goods. I Don't have a Sportivo but have a Honda that has had the "CES" treatment and I have to say that for those of you who think CES is too dear you only get what you pay for.... and that's a quality product that does what it's meant to. As you may have noticed I'm a happy customer of CES :D

We'll I've seen the CES system for the Corolla Sportivo and the other items they have just finished off for the Sportivo and I have to say that the quality is second to none and from the experience I have in the auto industry CES have prolly the best reputation around for the stuff that delivers the goods. I Don't have a Sportivo but have a Honda that has had the "CES" treatment and I have to say that for those of you who think CES is too dear you only get what you pay for.... and that's a quality product that does what it's meant to. As you may have noticed I'm a happy customer of CES :D

u sure u don't work for them? :o :P

j/k B)