Alarms

xTiGeRx

What alarms do you ppl recommend?

What are the good ones and what are the bad ones?

Where in Western Sydney are the good installers? that aren't too expensive either?

man u probably on live 10-20 mins from me hahahhah

but in answer to your question, Black widow are decent alarms.

Depends you can go basic for a few hundred dollard only or you could go all out black wired setup for approx double that price....

when i got my levin and asked for an upgraded alarm...

they installed a whole new one.

i thought that 'was' the upgrade...a new alarm....isn't it?

sum1 explain what their 'upgraded alarm' was?

i was thinking of getting one that was remote start and really fancy and stuff....hehehe.....it's just cool. like a boomerang one.

an upgrade is what i had done to my sportivo.

The sportivo already has remote central locking and an immobiliser. with a new alarm they would replace the immobilser and put in the siren and electrical components and give you a new remote.

An upgrade kit ranges in price from $395 - $500, i paid $460 for a mongoose, u get to keep the remote which makes seens coz its part of the key, and the immobilser, they still put in the siren and sensors but everything is set to the frequency of your remote.

most alarm kits come with remotes and an immobilser and central locking, the upgrade makes use of components already in your car.

hope this makes some sense

cheers

when i got my levin and asked for an upgraded alarm...

they installed a whole new one.

i thought that 'was' the upgrade...a new alarm....isn't it?

sum1 explain what their 'upgraded alarm' was?

i was thinking of getting one that was remote start and really fancy and stuff....hehehe.....it's just cool. like a boomerang one.

basically im with stoopid head :D

an upgrade will mean the alarm will run off ur factory computer which already controls central lockin etc from ur factory remotes....so that not only do the remoted lock and unlock ur doors, they arm the alarm system which will add immobilizer/siren/shock sensors, whilts all from ur stivo remotes..

if u buy a new alarm and NOT an upgrade they will usually have their own remotes supplied with it. You can put these types of alarms on but its generally a pain in the ***** having two stivo remotes + two new remotes that come with the alarm..

The boomerang one im sure comes with its own remotes, sure remotes start is funky but its borderline **** factor at time :lol: ...but if u do decide to go for it u will have a boomerang remote to carry around too, basically because there are no spare buttons on ur stivo remote...

Personally I would just go for an upgrade on ur stivo remotes, but that is just me - its neater and less hassle.

I'm actually over alarms - these days they don't attract too much attention anyway.

I put two in my previous car and found that sooner or later the heat gets to them and they either no longer work, become faulty or false alarm all the time.

Even though I had the alarm him the thieving bastards didn't care and did a smash and grab through the rear window to take my 6x9s + rear parcel shelf.

So I'm staying with the standard immobiliser - that way I have confidence that my electricals are still intact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got a stinger upgrade, same one I had on my previous car. Easy upgrade with knock sensors included on Toyota standard system, cost $$290.31 with backup battery.

The car has not been stolen as yet, so I guess its ok system. ;)

I got mine from Zenon alarms. They are the ones who used to fit out all Toyota fleet cars. They come highly recommended by MCT but I got them to install on my car through a friend. The best part is that they built the alarm into my current Toyota key so I don't have to lug another remote around.

For your information the alarm they offer on Toyotas blurbs on the asscent through ulrtma will not work on the Sportvivo. There is wiring loom for it on those cars but not the sportivo. An external supplier can do an upgrade to the alarm only that is required. Immobiliser fitted to car is supposed to be ok.

im not too fussed about an alarm but what i really want is a auto starter, so i dont have to wait in the morning for her to warm up. u can get alarms with it built in that also put all ur windows up when u lock the car so ill prob get that..

Anyone know much about the Autowatch systems? aparently they are the ones that are covered under the new QLD security program they have

got a guy who can do an upgrade for #95...ill still shop a bit more though

im not too fussed about an alarm but what i really want is a auto starter, so i dont have to wait in the morning for her to warm up. u can get alarms with it built in that also put all ur windows up when u lock the car so ill prob get that..

i had remote engine start on a honda but now have disabled it. only used it for the first few months. i am sure you know timers are illegal for street use.

i am sure you know timers are illegal for street use.

no i dont know. what do u mean by timmers? turbo timers? if thats it then im ok cos i dun want a turbo timmer.

but what reason could they possibly have for making them illeagle.

and are they illeagl to have installed, or just use.

I got an upgrade for my Stivo including the auto window up feature. It was a nightmare trying to wire it up. The guy who did it had so much trouble doing it because it was his first time wiring up the auto window feature for the Stivo. It took him a few days to figure it out and we were up til late at night figuring it out. The guy actually came around to my place to do it.

What he had to do was play around with the module (circuit board) for the driver's side window. All the other windows worked except for the driver's side. In the end it worked but after a few days the windows didn't go up anymore. He totally F***** it up!!! Now it's at the service center waiting for it to be fixed along with the paint job that I've been waiting to get fixed for ages now. I haven't had my Stivo for at least 2 out of the 4 months since I bought it!

If any of u thinking about getting the auto window function....TRUST ME....don;t do it!

Cheers! ;)