Alarms

xTiGeRx

It's illegal to have the car engine running with the driver or anyone in the car. So therefore turbo timers and engine remote starters are considered illegal. ;)

E-Gene Im guessing u mistyped man, you mean its illegal to have the motor running WITHOUT anyone in the car, as I didnt know that was the case? or are u serious about your first post? :blink:

if you want the best alarm for you car's, get a Brant. At the end of the day, the alarms are only as good as the person installing them, and the common alarms like viper, black widow, mongoose etc are the one's that are best known by car thiefs who can simply jumper the loom after they rip the top off the control box to bypass the cut points.

The wiring diagrams etc aren't available for the Brant systems, which really slow a theif down. Seeing how you cant start the new rolla's without the factory key, the only real function of the aftermarket alarm is the siren to try and scare a would-be their off.

The ignition key is coded to the ECU in your car, if you get a plain spare key cut, it will open the door locks manually but can't start the car as the ECU wont let it start.

What alarms do you ppl recommend?

What are the good ones and what are the bad ones?

Where in Western Sydney are the good installers? that aren't too expensive either?

chris my sister works at rhino car security.

I can get the RA model, 2 point/3point (with extra 45amp relay), keyless entry engine imboiliser, sensors in all doors, boot, 2 under the bonnet. microwave sensors optional. had one in my SSS .... good alarm. Imobiliser is hooked up to the fuel pump and as soon as the car is turned off the fuel is cut out so if its started it just dies lol u need to disarm it when ever u turn the car off pain in the ***** but i guess u do these things for extra security..

i saw a awsome alarm in a mag last year.

it calls you mobile when the alarm goes off.

u have the option to block the fule line. lock the people inside. talk to them throught a speaker. and it even tells where your car is. in sa theres an option of having capsicum spray spray out of the vents! this only works if they are in range of a mobile fone tower.

i would seriously love this as i could bash the b4stards messing with my car! them suckas must pay! :lol:

you can make attacks to your car harder for free. on current corollas keyless entry is standard. you could disable the key hole on the driver's side. most attacks are on the driver's door. you could also remove the handle (the T shaped part) that opens your hood. hide the cable and when you need to open your hood you will know to find the cable. but if you have the sportivo sports grill it is very easy to open the hood by pushing out the grill mesh and finding the hood lock. there is more things you could do to protect your car for free.

• 3 months later...
I got mine from Zenon alarms. They are the ones who used to fit out all Toyota fleet cars. They come highly recommended by MCT but I got them to install on my car through a friend. The best part is that they built the alarm into my current Toyota key so I don't have to lug another remote around.

Pulling up an old topic, but E-Gene, does your alarm chirp both when its locking and unlocking? Just that I got an upgrade alarm from MCT as well and it doesn't chirp when you open the doors.

What alarms do you ppl recommend?

What are the good ones and what are the bad ones?

Where in Western Sydney are the good installers? that aren't too expensive either?

chris my sister works at rhino car security.

I can get the RA model, 2 point/3point (with extra 45amp relay), keyless entry engine imboiliser, sensors in all doors, boot, 2 under the bonnet. microwave sensors optional. had one in my SSS .... good alarm. Imobiliser is hooked up to the fuel pump and as soon as the car is turned off the fuel is cut out so if its started it just dies lol u need to disarm it when ever u turn the car off pain in the ***** but i guess u do these things for extra security..

Rhino are my faves :). Hey 03Mike, nice avatar man :)

• 1 year later...

hey people, sorry to pull up an old topic, but didnt wanna start a new 1.

neways im in need of an alarm system. im a noob to this sort of stuff, so any help would be good to.

q1, i heard you can get features such as boot release, engine cool down, do you guys recommend getin an alarm wif these features?? i assume you cant program them to the stock remote?

q2, are there any legal requirements i should know about?

q3, any recommendations for a system thats round $200-400?

thanks heaps for your help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Problem going to those Ryda type of stores is that there a quite a few around, therefore meaning theres quite a few ppl who know how to uninstall it too.

Have a look a Brant, there are a limited number of ppl who know how to install the stuff, the wiring diagrams remain inhouse.

http://www.brant.com.au/Content_Common/pg-...ity-Systems.seo

Little bit more expensive, but probably worth it (Considering Subaru use them - except Subaru now have their own guys fit it, it must say something).

However it did go under new management, but i would pick Brant over alarm systems i can pick up @ Ryda/Strathfield/etc

http://w3svc172.production.dtchosting.com....D2-815B3A0D0542

• 1 month later...

Hey guys if anyone wants to an alarm install or audio in sydney i can hook you up with my friends, he charges a good price and hes work is quality. You guy can check it out when my system is done.

Im getting a mongoose with the automatic window wind up for around 400 or less!!!

:P

Cheers