Does my ATX have Bluetooth?

Henstepper

I wasn't sure if my 09 Airion ATX has Bluetooth with the stock stereo system. I haven't seen Bluetooth for it up until today when the sunlight hit the screen and I could see it greyed out in the background very faintly. I don't know how to activate it, thats if it does have it. see pictures below20211004_113816.thumb.jpg.7bdf7643e7b8c8e18084134f6571767e.jpg

Hi Steve, yes I believe from memory you do have blue tooth on the head unit. I had nothing but issues with using the blue tooth on our Presara as it would work then not on my phone and same with my wife's phone so we replaced the head unit all together. If you have a owners manual it should say there how to activated it I recall something about having to pair your phone to the unit first. I am sure others will help if they can mate.

KAA

This head unit, despite having a BT symbol, actually has no bluetooth functionality as far as I'm aware. At least none thats available to the user. Ref Page 136-151 of the owners manual... Only the sat nav headunit from this model year does. And that only supports bluetooth calling, not music streaming from your phone etc. 

https://toyotamanuals.com.au/docs/aurion-owners-manual-may-07-may-09/ 

Seems upon further digging, it would have been the same head unit fitted to US Camry models, which had phone controls on the steering wheel that could be used for pairing a phone via bluetooth. Obviously we didn't get these on our Australian built Aurions so you can't actually use it 😞 

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Another stingy approach from Toyota. I'd bin the stock head unit anyway. They are properly rubbish and extremely outdated.

Any suggestions on a replacement? I I've only seen ones worth over $1,000 and I don't want to pay that

24 minutes ago, Henstepper said:

Any suggestions on a replacement? I I've only seen ones worth over $1,000 and I don't want to pay that

Android based headunits are popular replacements and have carplay/android auto etc - check them out on ebay