Never rush across an intersection

geezz. fortunately you are ok...

the damage done is horrifc... the chasis is definitely off... from your pics your reinforcement bar is way off...goes to show the impact...

sorry that you have to go thru' this ordeal!!

a tear came to my eye when i saw that.... glad you're ok though.

Time to salvage that car and spread the love :D

me too :(

I saw the silver and was like "NOOO MY CAR"..

Did the airbags go?

Glad to see you're ok and that you're thinking of the important things, like tarmac rally.

Sorry to hear and glad you're ok.

Looking at the pics, you definetely don't want the car back on the road. Chassis rails would be bent like banana's.

I'll take your 2zz-ge though :P Joking

The airbags went off perfectly.

It was really weird, drop clutch and bam airbags in my face! They smell really funny and there was white smoke puffing out of them.

After they popped i must of been in serious shock or something coz I was laughing at the airbags, and playing with them :blink: WTF

P.S dont even ask about parts :angry: its getting back on the road, you'll see the process in a few months

post-1034-1144306760_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all for the kind remarks :)

The powder is corn powder I think ? I can't remember why it's there, I think it's so the plastic of the bag doesn't stick together to assist in opening, something like that.

Yeah I always laugh at and play with airbags :D :lol: :D The non-inflatable type that is.

If it's going to be going back on the road, make sure you have a really good inspection of what chassis/body structure damage is there, it may come back together ok, but you may end up with some serious issues down the track depending on what the damage is.

In the Golf they came out and it looked like there was smoke coming (black powder stuff) out. I was out of it too and thought AHHHH its on fire but just sat there. :huh:

The airbags and the seatbelt pretensioner are mighty pricey to replace and so it was made a write off. (5k + just for those bits)

But hey saved they saved my ***** big time :D

Sorry mate! Have written off a couple of cars so know what your going through. Chin up & **** happens & there are people on this forum who have a heart who have offered to help! You will obviously fight to see another sunny day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

The airbags went off perfectly.

It was really weird, drop clutch and bam airbags in my face! They smell really funny and there was white smoke puffing out of them.

After they popped i must of been in serious shock or something coz I was laughing at the airbags, and playing with them :blink: WTF

P.S dont even ask about parts :angry: its getting back on the road, you'll see the process in a few months

post-1034-1144306760_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all for the kind remarks :)

hey corzza,

i think he said dont ask bout the parts..

I had an accident,

It was dark...

I was turning right onto a 100km/h single lane road, I looked right and saw a car indicating to turn off to the same road i was on, then looked left and saw there was a fair gap till the next car, looked right again and the car indicating was slowing up and there was a huge gap till the next car (that i could see), looked right again, nice gap, good to go...

I dropped the cluth with a fair stab at the throttle and whack. It turned out there was a car tailgating the one turning off, and she swerved around the car turning and took the front end of my car off. she sent my car sideways and ended up on the wrong side of the road. all other cars stopped in time and no-one was hurt.

The insurance company is calling it a write off, but the engine still starts and the wheels and suspension seem untouched. I guess there will prob be soem chassis damage to some extent.

Im going to sort out something were i get to keep the wreck and rebuild it into a tarmac rally car, gutting the interior and making it really hard edged.

Hopefully out this bad situation something good arises :)

see my garage for better pics

aah crap. that looks bad. but at least u're ok.

stripping it down and turning it into a tarmac rally car sounds very good. might have been a blessing in disguise. cheer up!

NOOO!!! You don't know me mate BUT I LOVED THIS CAR!!!

So sorry to see it and hear it.

FECKING STUPID PEOPLE!!! I'M SICK OF IT!!! THERE'S A THING CALLED ROADCRAFT (i.e: no tailgating etc)!!!

So...to the girl who hit him, "PRACTICE SOME **** ROADCRAFT! YOU KNOW?! THE THING YOU APPARENTLY LEARNT WHEN YOU GOT YOUR LICENSE!!!"

Sorry mate, but that really ****s me off what happened to you. Take it easy lol.

The insurance company is calling it a write off, but the engine still starts and the wheels and suspension seem untouched. I guess there will prob be soem chassis damage to some extent.

Im going to sort out something were i get to keep the wreck and rebuild it into a tarmac rally car, gutting the interior and making it really hard edged.

Hopefully out this bad situation something good arises :)

see my garage for better pics

So can I ask...

Is the insurance Co going to write it off, pay you out for the insured sum and then you're going to buy the car back from the Insurance Co as a wreck ?