Concrete + Water = AWESOME

Hey Guys,

Been a bit late getting around to posting this stuff, but I attended a "driver training" day at the Gympie (QLD) Roadcraft Driver training centre last weekend with the lovely ladies and gents from Coastcars.

Not only was it the most fun I have ever had behind the wheel of a motor car, but I learnt a ****load about how my little beastie handles in the wet (and doesn't handle, lol). I was actually pretty surprised at how the little Sportivo went against some big dollar competition. Unfortunately I havent got a list of which car applies to each name on the time sheet, but the pics and times should give you an idea of how the stivo stacked up against the competition.

There are a heap more pics coming, but you get the idea. . . . . . . .

Motorkhana Results here ------

http://www.coastcars.net/phpBB2/viewtopic....ghlight=skidpan

The +5 sec penalties apply to either leaving the track, or hitting the cones.

These things happen almost every 2 months now, and its a great day out, if anyone is keen to come along to the next one, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

JC

ccskidpan06_1_08.jpg

ccskidpan06_1_07.jpg

ccskidpan06_1_06.jpg

ccskidpan06_1_05.jpg

ccskidpan06_1_04.jpg

ccskidpan06_1_03.jpg

ccskidpan06_1_02.jpg

ccskidpan06_1_01.jpg

Edited by -JC-

Joe,

you have to be a member of the forum to look at the pics :unsure:

we can still see the thread with the times tho

cant wait to see the resized pics

Edited by HDACHE

Cost of attending is $100 for the whole day, or $50 for half. This includes pizza and drinks on the day.

Basically in the morning the pan is open and you can do what you like (2 cars max at a time), and in the arvo there are courses setup and times run etc etc.

Unless you have a rear driver, its not really worth paying for the full day, its not like corollas are drift warriors.

Sorry bout the pics guys, not as much open slather on the bandwidth here, working on it, give me a little while.

Cheers

JC

Edited by -JC-

Sounds like its our next adventure, maybe the Porsche one at Mt Cotton or Holdne one at Jacobs Well/ Pimpama

ohh ohh oohh pick me :)

i wont be in the boot for this event tho :P

Sounds like its our next adventure, maybe the Porsche one at Mt Cotton or Holdne one at Jacobs Well/ Pimpama

Both of those places arent worth the hassle mate, beleive me. We have already approached them.

Gympie is half the price, and they basically allow you to control the whole day . . . . so yeah, worth the 1 hr 45 min drive.

JC