Spare Key Pad

Edward Cox

Hi everyone. My name is Edward and I have 2007 Aurion Presara. 

Is there a cheaper way to get a spare Key Pad. Been quoted $350 at minutemanfor an after market pad and $440 plus coding at Toyota.  

Also after a new interior sunvisor drivers side as it won't stay up. For this I've been quoted $495 from Toyota plus installation.. Anyway around this ?? 

3 hours ago, Edward Cox said:

Also after a new interior sunvisor drivers side as it won't stay up. For this I've been quoted $495 from Toyota plus installation.. Anyway around this ?? 

You need to find your way to a wreckers or auto recyclers yard. There are plenty of 40 series Aurions and Camrys available. I picked up a replacement interior sunvisor for $20 but this would have been about 5 years ago. Removal and installation is a fairly simple screwdriver job after popping off the plastic cover.

• Like 2

Hi Edward, really mate there is no cheap way of getting the new key fob for the Aurion, yes you can buy the replacement case on eBay but with delays these days you would need to allow for delivery time, but it is the coding that costs the dollars as they have to programme the car to accept the new fob from my understanding. So either way it will cost a bit, as far as the sun visor as Ashley said check out a few wreckers as it is an easy remove and install just clip off the cover and remove and then repeat to fit new one. As with anything check it out and take your time and it will be a easy job. Let us know how you get on and we love to see Pic's of members cars to see how they are surviving now no longer being made so we are in a rare club.

Keep Safe

KAA

• Like 1

Thank you KAA and Ashley for your time and advice. I'll let you know how I go. I feel better about spending the money on a new Fob knowing that there isn't another option. 

I'll drop into some wreckers and see what i can scrounge up. 

Cheers 😊

Edward

YW Edward, Glad you will sort the fob and visor out soon, I watched a You Tube Video recently from "The Car Nut" that explained all the Key and Smart Keys fobs very well, yes it will cost a bit but as he explains very clearly it is the security side of the computers in our cars that is the time consuming and necessary things to get the fob to work right, so I recommend checking his channel out he is a very well respected Toyota Diagnostic Tech so knows his stuff, being in the USA he does not mention Aurion's but being a mostly Camry with many similarities still relates to our beauties

Let us know how you get on mate

KAA

Here's a replacement fob/proxy key I found on Ebay, which is way cheaper than an Original.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324972028045?hash=item4ba9d7a08d:g:oQAAAOSwQgldoio9

You just need one working, original key fob to get it programmed. Any locksmith who dabbles with Automotive locks will be able to help.

Don't be shy to reach out to the seller for advice either.

• Like 1