Stock Sportivo Wheel Cleaner

CheekySportivo

Hi Guys,

Just thought if anyone could recommend any hi grade wheel cleaner suitable for our Sportivo stock wheels.

I know that there surely has to be a more suitable and easier way to clean the rims to help remove the build up of dirt, grime and of course brake dust.

I usually clean my wheels with a small spounge and mild soap but i not only do the outer side of the rim,

I also do the inner part to make them look gleaming clean. :P

So instead of spounging and scrubbing there has to be an effective product!

I almost bought Meguiars "Hot Wheels" as it says it is safe of all alloy wheels including factory clear coats yet I wasnt 100% sure whether or not to buy it as I havent heard any reviews on it.

Apart from Meguiars I have only seen a Mothers product but it wasnt a dedicated alloy wheel cleaner.

Has anyone used this or can they recommend a product that does the job A1?

Cheers

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just thought if anyone could recommend any hi grade wheel cleaner suitable for our Sportivo stock wheels.

I know that there surely has to be a more suitable and easier way to clean the rims to help remove the build up of dirt, grime and of course brake dust.

I usually clean my wheels with a small spounge and mild soap but i not only do the outer side of the rim,

I almost bought Meguiars "Hot Wheels" as it says it is safe of all alloy wheels including factory clear coats yet I wasnt 100% sure whether or not to buy it as I havent heard any reviews on it.

Apart from Meguiars I have only seen a Mothers product but it wasnt a dedicated alloy wheel cleaner.

Cheers

Degreaser is an awesome cleaner - Hungry jacks kitchen claner does wonders! - or at a car wash, squirt sum jiff on ur wheels, wash ur car and when its time to risnse off spray off the jiff, and *Vawola!* sqeuky clean rims :)

I use the left over Meguiars Gold class car wash to clean my sportivo rims.

But instead of using a sponge i use a mit

Looks something like this one (except it was a cheap $2 one from supercheapauto), i use this soley for the rims, i use a separate mit for the car.

http://www.meguiars.com.au/productdetail_2...bsubcat=&show=1

Leaves my rims look clean and much easier than using a sponge.

Edited by neK

my wheels are very similar in style to the sportivo rims and being white they arent fun to clean...

i found (and its probably really bad for my wheels) that going to one of those places with a high pressure soap spray or rinse cleans em up VERY well... i use that, then just get a dry cloth and rub any excess dirty water off.. spotless!

wow maybe i should take more care of my rims :huh:

nah ive only done that a couple of times, when ive been at the crazy DIY carwash...

if i wash the car at home, i use a small sponge and my wheel cleaning stuff... which is meguiars non-acid wheel cleaner...

Hi Guys,

Cheers

i tried Polyglaze once when it was on sale..came with wheel cleaner(foam) and tyre conditioner(foam as well)..wasn't too bad and left the tyre shine for a few days..until i tried the Meguiars..boy was that good!

heehe..tyre's still shiny after a week..as for cleaning of rims..i think a separate sponge and leftover soap from the wash would do the job..just abit more scrubbing to get the brake dust off..:)

My recommendation is NOT to use any special wheel cleaner. Just use the left over water from washing your car with either a sponge or mitt dedicated for cleaning the wheels only. If you clean your wheels regularly you shouldn't need anything else. If you have a build up then Meguiars Hot wheels will help remove some of the excess but there really shouldn't been much need for this as Corolla's dont typically put out too much brake dust. I guess it depends on how often you wash you car.

I've used a lot of car cleaning products & I find the "NXT Generation" range form Meguiars to be very good. The Tech Wax Liquid is excellent for wet looking shine on your paintwork & is quite easy to apply & remove.