Trojan Troubles

RXSeven

yeah i had the same problem :blink:...

definately run a scan, because your realtime antivirus may not pickup everything...

it is only affecting Internet Explorer i think, if you use Firefox the website still works without trouble.

Yeah I got the same thing last night, Norton picked it up & I fixed it by restoring an earlier save point.

Apparently it might have something to do with the Google ads at the top of the page...

EDIT: As I posted this the same trojan tried again, lucky I caught it this time :angry:

Edited by Conquest

I've gone back to using Firefox as of today. I forgot how effective and problem free it is. Now to remove Windows and put Linux on lol.

Also, note the actual trojan file down for reference later. Both the actual Trojan Type (underlined and in blue on the real time scan) and it's actual name (in the download progress window and file location in the real time scan). This thing executes on the exact URL: au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums. Some shythead has planted something. Possibly the one who started that suspicious thread titled 'Well...this is cool' in the general area of the forums. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo

I have had this problem ever since i purchased my laptop 3 years ago, after formatting the comp its ok but as soon as i come onto this website it comes back!!! :angry::angry: p.i.s.s. off you sick son of b.i.t.c.h.e.s. making lives inconvenient for people.. get a life!!! :angry::angry:

DO SOMETHING STEVE!!!

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I have had this problem ever since i purchased my laptop 3 years ago, after formatting the comp its ok but as soon as i come onto this website it comes back!!! :angry::angry: p.i.s.s. off you sick son of b.i.t.c.h.e.s. making lives inconvenient for people.. get a life!!! :angry::angry:

DO SOMETHING STEVE!!!

It's not just this website mate. Trojans are the mainstay of the virus community. In this case, these aholes are abusing our site. They may have harmed more than we know. Everyone. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU DO A SCAN. Ensure your firewall is up also. A trojan will allow the hacker to access your pc through a hack engine that searchs via IP address. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting constantly in here to remind people :D. And download firefox from www.mozilla.com. The virus doesn't effect that web browser as stated before (cheers man). Just like Internet Explorer but the 'suckiness' is turned down low. Kinda like comparing Windows to Linux. Steve may have already done something also. That 'suspicious' thread I saw previously is now gone. Interesting.

After a bit of digging around here's some more information. The trojan is actually known as Spy Sheriff or SpywareNo! & it appears to install from the Google ad menu.

The use of an advertising dropper causes the software to be installed on the user's system without notice and/or consent by the user. Also a severe issue is in how the advertising dropper is installed that distributes both applications. Installation of the dropper occurs by simply visiting the websites it is served from.

Once infected, it creates an icon on the desktop and creates bogus warnings saying the system is infected by spywares.

It is believed to be very difficult to remove due to its ability to reinstall itself after the system is rebooted. However, some anti-spyware tools like Ad-Aware and Webroot are starting to include it into their to-be-removed list.

Here are some more sites with further information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spysheriff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpywareNo

http://www.lavasoftresearch.com/spywareno1.shtml

And this site has advanced removal instructions if Ad-Aware can't fix the problem but I haven't tried it yet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic22402.html

Edited by Conquest

I deleted it but the friggen thing is now on my PC. Arrggghhh. If I find out who did this then I'll give them a virus with a dirty lump of timber they won't enjoy nor will it be funny :angry::angry::angry:

Wooo i wasnt the only one with the problem!

i saw asian wrtiting come up on the site :blink: and then my virus thingy said i had to reboot my comp and had some problems couldnt get rid of it till i found where it was .

But i dont know if its fully gone yet hope it is though

Has this problem been sorted..???

a message from the admins would be appreciated.

Steve is working on it. Make sure your firewall(s) is/are up still and you're using Firefox man. We'll hear from him again soon. Just keep checking the 'All members should read this' sticky in the general forum.

• 1 month later...

Bumping just in case no saw it!!!

Ive done a scan nothing really came up besides cookies which i deleted and also that COMET CRS bloody thing

Is there a way to us trend micro Rob??

Bumping just in case no saw it!!!

Ive done a scan nothing really came up besides cookies which i deleted and also that COMET CRS bloody thing

Is there a way to us trend micro Rob??

Is there a way to 'us' trend micro? :blink: