mod car and insuarance and warranty

at the moment i have an exaust system from cat con and lowring springs on my corolla, I'm just wondering if that will void my warranty from the factory and with the insuarance company.. will they have a cry if there is an accident? will i still be able to claim anything if sheit happen?

if your insurance company knows about your mods and is happy to insure them, you'll have no problem.. if you havent told your insurance company about your mods, they might not cover you...

as far as warranty goes, i have no idea what is covered by warranty, but everone else does so wait a sec and you'll get your answer..

You only void what you change on your car - i.e. since u lowered your suspension, if ur suspension conks out, then toyota won't cover you, cuase the it ain't stock anymore/ same with exhaust

blue rolla is right about the insurance thing - if u have mods and haven't told the insurance company, u void ur contract and potentially, they MAY NOT cover you, or they will, but give u the hardest possible time in getting your claim processed - honesty is the best policy :D Oh, and use the search button! :P Or view Northy's sticky :lol:

I called the insuarance company today (RAC) they said it's ok as long as mods are legal and I even got my wheels insured :P and I also called up toyota they said the car is still under the warranty except the suspension but i'm planning to get a new one anyway although the person i spoke to he said if it the suspension F** up for some reason i can put the old springs back and claim a new set of shocks one :D anyway thx for the replies !

Was this a guy from Toyota as they know my car and the fact it has a modded exhaust yet they still fix it under warranty.

If not... it depends on the car. I know that Subaru has an explicit exhaust clause in it's warranty.