Camera Advice

Romp

Hi all ..

I thought I would post here so ppl can see what they cameras can do ... maybe if others did the same ..It would help with examples of the possibilities ..

Anyhow .. I have a Canon Ixus 750.. and tripod

Went down Blues point road in North Sydney last nite and took these.... These are low low res so it shouldnt take long to load ... and they look 10 times better in high res .... if you want to see a high res pm me ...

here they are

19vj1.jpg

27ld1.jpg

36py.jpg

47wm1.jpg

50lt.jpg

67uz.jpg

below is my fav .... opera house, bridge and the city .. .all in 1 photo !!

77zp.jpg

i gotta say they are noice photos...

i havent compared cameras for years (since i got my sony), but im not sure that i could get something like that with my sony... its on the way out now so next i might consider a canon :)

With the popular brands, I don't think you can really go wrong. I use a Sony DSC-T7 and find it to be pretty good but deffinately not bang for your buck. It's more a design and compact thing you pay for. Possibly within your price range if you bargain hard. The T5 is more affordable and 5MP too.

Canons are also awesome cameras too. For $385, that's a good price. If $450 if your max that's a great choice man. You can get the 6MP Ixus 65 for around $500 from JB. Kinda not worth it for an extra MP.

Sony Camera's are expensive because they use CARL ZEISS lenses which are supposed to be one of the best lenses in the world. Having said that my friend has just purchased a KODAK Z740, 5MP, 10 x Optical Zoom, 5 x Digital Zoom for $299 & in my opinion it is far better than my Sony & less than half the price.

The biggest problem with Digital Camera's is the delay between when you push the button & when the photo is actually taken. If you plan on taking action shots than you'll need a camera that is fast of which most of the cheaper one's are pretty slow.

To Charms.

The finepix camera you mention is the same as the one we have at work & I find it to be good, although I have only ever used it for taking stills, don't know how well it handles action shots.

With the popular brands, I don't think you can really go wrong. I use a Sony DSC-T7 and find it to be pretty good but deffinately not bang for your buck. It's more a design and compact thing you pay for. Possibly within your price range if you bargain hard. The T5 is more affordable and 5MP too.

Canons are also awesome cameras too. For $385, that's a good price. If $450 if your max that's a great choice man. You can get the 6MP Ixus 65 for around $500 from JB. Kinda not worth it for an extra MP.

Sony Camera's are expensive because they use CARL ZEISS lenses which are supposed to be one of the best lenses in the world. Having said that my friend has just purchased a KODAK Z740, 5MP, 10 x Optical Zoom, 5 x Digital Zoom for $299 & in my opinion it is far better than my Sony & less than half the price.

The biggest problem with Digital Camera's is the delay between when you push the button & when the photo is actually taken. If you plan on taking action shots than you'll need a camera that is fast of which most of the cheaper one's are pretty slow.

To Charms.

The finepix camera you mention is the same as the one we have at work & I find it to be good, although I have only ever used it for taking stills, don't know how well it handles action shots.

I've seen some very good professional shots taken with the sony t series. They look suburb but I don't know how to use it to it's full potential. I find that you need a damn steady set of hands to make a good clear shot. The Carl Zeiss is awesome... well on my minidv cam anyway :lol:

I need to look up some tutorial or guides on how to use this camera to its full potential.

need a tripod dude ....

its the only way !!

Yeah I've got one for my video camera but the Sony T series is quite thin and the little hole for the screw underneath is tiny, much smaller than the screw on the tripod.

thats sucks ..

generally the screws are universal .. well they are with all my cameras ... and I have 6 different cameras over a few years ...

and dont settle for those little tripods ... get a full size one ... its so worth it !!

thats sucks ..

generally the screws are universal .. well they are with all my cameras ... and I have 6 different cameras over a few years ...

and dont settle for those little tripods ... get a full size one ... its so worth it !!

yep... universal until these slim cameras came out. it's thinner than the universal size screw hole :lol:

yeah i've got a fullsize optex one.