2013 Aurion AT-X what should be serviced?

StephenG

Hi guys, hope this post helps myself and possibly others out there.

I recently purchased a 2013 Aurion AT-X with 180,000 km's on it - rides beautifully except for a minor issue.

Main reason for post was what should I look at doing maintenance-wise to keep this car in good shape?

So far I've done the following:-

• Basic oil & filter service with Toyota - was hoping they'd also check car over but not sure this happened lol - I can easily do oil & filter myself
  • Drained transmission of 1.6L of fluid and replaced with same amount
  • Brake fluid replaced
  • Coolant replaced
  • Adjusted parking brake at the rear and with the cable - didn't hold car very well and foot brake nearly travelled to floor lol
  • Replaced PCV valve
  • No ECU codes
  • Replaced 2 internal hand grab rails (passenger and driver's side - bit floppy)

Anything else recommended?

Thanks, Stephen.

• Like 2

Stephen, I did most of what you did after purchasing my 09' 40 series Presara, 2 years ago, with 70,000 klms on it..

Additionally, I replaced front and rear rotors and brake pads..

Also, a year ago I replaced the potentially troublesome water pump, before it had a chance to fail...Im not sure if this is an issue on 50 series cars however...

Now I do an oil change twice a year, useing Penrite full synthetic

5w30 oil, at 6 month intervals and I log book service it once a year.. so 2 services a year. 

I hope you get many years of happy motoring, as I have so far..👍😉

• Like 2

Hi Stephen, Like mike said I try to do 2 oil changes per year, not done a lot of miles lately as health has stopped long drives but my Presara is going in next week for the oil filter change and also have my great mechanic give our "Faye" a good check over. As far as anything else to have checked well I would suggest making sure no leaks anywhere on the timing cover as that can lead to engine out to repair, water pump and serpentine belt inc pulleys. Apart from that making sure throttle body is cleaned, and as I am not sure what the minor issue is have that looked at as well in case it has gotten worse. I also suggest you begin the search for a really reputable mechanic one who treats you like family and your Aurion as if it was their own, not easy but they are out there so do your homework first and then get to know them personally.

KAA

• Like 1

thanks guys - the minor issue I have - which I didn't pick up on the test ride was a minor vibration that seems to come and go - a bit difficult to explain, it doesn't seem to change when coming on or off the throttle - it's more noticeable the faster you go - not a big deal but I can feel it - even though my wife can't.

It's almost like the wind is catching something and causing a rhythmic vibration - anyway, it travels beautifully apart from this, really smooth, good gear changes, no strange suspension/steering issues that I can tell - and it seems quite quiet on the road - not sure if there is sound-proofing in the doors etc...

I did notice the radiator is able to move i.e. there is a few mm movement back and forth from the top of the radiator - not sure if this is normal - and it looks like the right-hand side engine cover has been ripped from driving over something - repaired with a couple of zip-ties - the pre-inspection didn't pick this  up!

That few mm movement of the radiator is normal as there are rubber mounting bushings.

No idea/suggestions for that minor vibration. Maybe check the tyre wear for any uneveness.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 9:05 PM, StephenG said:

the minor issue I have - which I didn't pick up on the test ride was a minor vibration that seems to come and go - a bit difficult to explain, it doesn't seem to change when coming on or off the throttle - it's more noticeable the faster you go - not a big deal but I can feel it - even though my wife can't.

I can suggest that you get the wheels balanced. Also check the tyre pressures.