Smashed my sportivo

Hi Guys,

Around 5:50 yesterday (7/06/06), I was driving down the great western hwy near the prospect hwy exist, when a tyre came bouncing towards me. I didn't notice it till I smashed into it. The tyre took my whole frontbar and bonnet, smashed my drivers side head lights and quarter panel and abit of damage to the drivers side door.

Luckily a witness in the other direction saw every thing that happened and gave me details of the driver who lost the wheel of his trailer and took off after noticing my car with hazards on the medium strip. Guys, please let me know if you know anything. Apparently the guy was driving a white landcruiser and towed a speedboat (obviously for privacy details i cannot post his license plates) heading towards the greystanes area.

If you know anything or heard of anything can you please let me know,

you can contact me via pm or the number below

Cheers

Mark

dude that sucks thats f ing disgusting that they just drove off!

i'm assuming your insured but i hope so dude cos thats shockin some people really suck mate.

(BTW sorry i didnt see nothing cos im in ACT but im just so shocked that these things happen and people just take off)

dude that sucks thats f ing disgusting that they just drove off!

i'm assuming your insured but i hope so dude cos thats shockin some people really suck mate.

(BTW sorry i didnt see nothing cos im in ACT but im just so shocked that these things happen and people just take off)

Yeah mate, im very annoyed considering ive only had the car for less than 1 month......it just got new springs exhaust...very very annoyed.....

Hopefully someone owns up to it.....

Excess is the thing thats annoying me.....$1100

well if u got the plates cant u go to the cop shop and explain all, they should be able to investigate it for u? they should anyway.

1 MONTH!! thats even worse mate i think i'd cry if it happened to me!!!

and excess... i hear ya buddy... but im positive the damage is much more than $1100

well if u got the plates cant u go to the cop shop and explain all, they should be able to investigate it for u? they should anyway.

1 MONTH!! thats even worse mate i think i'd cry if it happened to me!!!

and excess... i hear ya buddy... but im positive the damage is much more than $1100

Yeah i've got 2 variations of the plate at the moment, its just a specific numeral which the witness was unsure off, but we probably can catch this guy based on the witnesses description.

Yeah i was so annoyed....i'd say i nearly smoked a whole pack of cigarettes waiting for the police and tow truck......1 friggin month....seriously...how unlucky was that....

Sometimes with dual axle trailers it's easy for a wheel to come off it and the driver not notice because the combination of being hitched to the car and the 3 other wheels remaining keep the trailer stable, and at 100km/h, you won't hear much of the sound either.

It's possible he didn't actually know it happened until much later. And then when he/she did, they wouldn't have know at what point it came off.

Sometimes with dual axle trailers it's easy for a wheel to come off it and the driver not notice because the combination of being hitched to the car and the 3 other wheels remaining keep the trailer stable, and at 100km/h, you won't hear much of the sound either.

It's possible he didn't actually know it happened until much later. And then when he/she did, they wouldn't have know at what point it came off.

Well according to the witness the other driver did notice and heavily braked.....and stopped most of traffic behind him....the witness did say that when he noticed my car going to the medium strip, he took off...i dunno mate, but that sounds kinda dodgy to me....

Well according to the witness the other driver did notice and heavily braked.....and stopped most of traffic behind him....the witness did say that when he noticed my car going to the medium strip, he took off...i dunno mate, but that sounds kinda dodgy to me....

Hmm obviously did notice and was just a dumb pr!ck. Go to the police, even if you only have a partial plate, the combination of that and vehicle description will help them track him down. Leaving the scene of an accident is an offence. What if the tyre went into your windshield? He needs to take responsibility accident or intentional

real sorry to hear that dude....all good that your aight which is the most important thing man.

costs are repayable...but not lives...

wat a sick b******!! :angry: That's just low of any human being to run off and not face their faults. :angry:

all the best

Man sorry to hear about that.

Yeah go to the coppers and let them know.

I hope he gets in **** for it. People like that make me sick and should be sent out to sea.

Sorry to hear that mate, but unfortunately these scenarios happend way too often, and it due to the decision making process of the individual. He/She would have panicked and then just drive off, but i bet he/she will regret it once the cops get a hold of he/she. They freak out, dont know what to do and then just drive off in a cowardly manner. Hit and run accidents are pretty severe and cops take these offences very seriously. Consider your self lucky that nobody was hurt, a bouncing tyre at 100kph+ is a lethal weapon, all sorts of things can go wrong. At least you got out of it unscaved, dont worry about cash, cash can't replace your health. Keep us posted on how things eventuate, we dont have enough information on cases like this, it's all mods and things that get over covered and repeated. Would be good for novices to read up on previous experiences and be prepared on how to deal with such scenarios in case they happend.

Cheers

Sure, contact police, if police catch that guy :angry: , will owner still need to pay for the excess??? I am confused with insurance anyway. Feels they don't care/do anything to protect you. Charge u is of course. :ph34r:

oh man that sucks! after 1 month too!

good luck with the police.. ive heard mixed stories of police either helping you out, or going "nah not important enough"....

i was almost hit by a wheel a few months back... it was a very nice white 17" one... just rolling down the road... unfortunely it had snapped off a car that was written off just up the street... pretty freaky stuff... i swerved to avoid the wheel... jumped out, and chased after the wheel and returned it for them... i think he had bigger things to worry about than getting his snapped rim back...

either way accidents are never cool, so i really hope you get it sorted out soon man.

About 5 months ago i was driving along the freeway in the morning and a piece (30 x 30)of weatherboard flew out of this guys trailer towards my car, i swerved and thought that i missed it. When i got to work i noticed a black mark on the front corner of my front lip. I went to see if i could wipe it off but it was the actual black of the plastic.

Im sorry to hear about your accident but atleast you have a number plate to go with (even though my damage is probably $100 - $150) instead of couple of thousand

Sure, contact police, if police catch that guy :angry: , will owner still need to pay for the excess??? I am confused with insurance anyway. Feels they don't care/do anything to protect you. Charge u is of course. :ph34r:

I believe if the other guy has insurance you claim it off their insurance and not yours (hence it doesnt effect your future premims in any way).

Hey Guys....

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!! appreciate it...

Im just gonna hold out for a while till the police come back to me with an answer...hopefully soon, so i can start spending my money instead of putting it towards the excess...

Btw guys i've got photo's of my brand new body kit.....looks quite good...

Its the smashed look

Photo-0013.jpg

Edited by disturb3d

Btw guys i've got photo's of my brand new body kit.....looks quite good...

Its the smashed look

*sob**sob**sob**sob* :( :( :(

make sure u find that c0c|< bro!

:angry::angry::angry: