Official 2006 FiFa World Cup Thread!!

ChArMs_RT142

My prediction for last four will be : Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Brazil,

with the Final Germany vs Brazil

and the Germans will have revenge from 02.

I am hoping the Germans will take on Italy in a penalty shootout and Totti misses :) so he can truly suck his thumb.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't use golden goal extra time anymore, they play 15 minutes each way no matter what happens and see what they come up with at the end. Somebody dubbed it "silver goal" but I dub that as being a stupid name.

I'm still unhappy about the Australia game, especially after seeing Ukraine beat Swizterland on penno's. Imagine Ukraine v Australia instead of Italy! We'd be semi-finalists easy judging by the Ukraine performance!

Why Totti sucked his thumb: Did anybody see that Materazzi guy (the giant who got the red card eventually) get fouled by Timmy Cahill 2 or 3 times? After one of the fouls he had a go at Cahill, who responded by making a baby face & doing that gesture where you put your index finger between your lips and move it up & down rapidly (I dunno what it's called!) but ultimately he implied that he was a baby and so were the rest of the Italians (a fair assumption given the result...? Anyone?). So when Materazzi went to the bench after seeing red, he must've told Totti or Totti must've seen it on the big screen earlier in the match and decided it was a good way to rub it in.

haha ok I guess Ghana took my word and started shooting in the 2nd half... but man, I never said shoot into no mans land.

Ref was an idiot!!

off sides by a mile!

Im thinking...the bad refereeing has got to do with those headphones around their heads..

i reckon it is cutting the circulation or something..

Hahahahahaha.... with that amount of technology, why aren't linesman used more in the game? Someobody suggested 2 referees a la AFL, but there are already 5 dudes officiating the match, 1 is an actual referee and 2 more are involved in play, so why not use them more! I'm not one to compliment any other codes of football, but in rugby league if the ref has any doubts he checks both linesman to see if they have any info... c'mon fifa

and if there is still doubts... THERE IS A VIDEO REFEREE!!!

why wouldnt you have one in FIFA, the biggest whatsie in the world! (its really late and i cant be bothered thinking of the word)

Whatsie will suffice!

There's another point. But you wouln't want the game ruined by referal to the video ref every 3 minutes. Here I am again getting ideas from sports that I don't really like, but in tennis I think players are allowed to refer the decision to "Hawk Eye" twice a game and thats it. (Hawk Eye being the thing they use in the cricket to predict where the ball is/was going)........ I never thought I'd be saying this about soccer