Police radar handbook

Hi Guys,

With all the mention of the sorts of things you guys have been upto i thought it might be appropriate to post this up. I found it on another forum so im not going to take credit for it. Cant remeber which 1. Anyway this might come in handy for all u hoons ..... u knw cauz i follow the speed limit 100% of the time ;) ;) .... i promise ;) ;)

Cheers

Bill

radarbook1.jpg

radarbook2.jpg

radarbook3.jpg

Excellent Thread, especially where the documentation it states: -

12.2 / 3. / d. / Within 50 metres of a speed restriction or de-restriction sign creating a change in speed zone being re-enforced.

This would apply the approach to Melbourne via Adelaide, on the Western Highway, After Melton, after Rockbank, approaching Caroline Springs, before Deer Park. They are always there, maybe 51 metres away, catching the unsuspecting. :angry:

p.s. I am not a hoon.

i have seen stationary radars at the bottom of hills and also when it is raining. holden rodeos on nature strip with fluoro safety vest over the seat which makes it look like a contractor doing work.

i have seen stationary radars at the bottom of hills and also when it is raining. holden rodeos on nature strip with fluoro safety vest over the seat which makes it look like a contractor doing work.

Hmm.. not sure about other states but in NSW there is no way a RODEO would be doing RADAR or stationary LIDAR.

RADAR (mobile) is only fitted to vehicles that have calebrated speedos (SS's,XR8'S & XR6'S)and LIDAR (stationary {hairdryer}) can only be used by certified operators who are exclusively HWY PATROL - who only drive... you guessed it, SS's, XR8'S & XR6'S.

anyhoo, at the end of the day if they get you for a speed on either you are stuffed. <_<

Hi toyo78,

Mate if i was u id print this out and write them a letter. Also analogue dials are not 100% accurate no matter how new ur car is so even back in the days of when i was in physics we used a 4%-6% degree of inaccuracy so 6% of 60 is 3.6 km/h so u could have been doing 60.4 km/h. Id also mention the fact that its was setup at the bottom of a hill as well.

Cheers

Bill

If I can add my two cents.(i don't add it often).. in NSW if you get caught by radar (as kanjo said) they are fitter only to HWP vehicles. HWP vehicles have digital speedos calibrated daily (if they are out they are taken to the engineering unit) . To attempt to get out of a radar issued fine you need to be a radar expert...good luck. Cop it sweet.

Lidar is even more accurate.

It also comes down to your attitude.., heard of the attitude test??

Think about the ticket...you can pay the fine or you can spend a day in court (costing you money) if you lose, you are liable to pay even more than the ticket, or lose your licence. The court will take into account your traffic history. So the more speeding tickets you get... the worse it looks to the magistrate deciding on your penalty.

Speed in the wrong hands is deadly. P platers as some of you are put yourselfs and others in danger when you speed excessively. While it is fine to do 5-10 over the limit in some areas, when in heavy traffic, school zones, cyclists about, slow down.

I quite often take my stivo up above the limit, but take into account the conditions and the likelihood of being caught.

Take heed of the new traffic ads on TV showing the ute. Cops, ambos and firies all hate it when they have to attend a collision involving death or serious injury. Just imagine seeing them, their relatives, and friends.

As you can probably tell I have first hand experience...

If you want the most experience with driving the stivo fast go to the track, leave the streets for travelling. The stivo is fun anyway you drive it.

By the way whose black stivo was travelling east on Victoria rd, ryde on monday and turned left towards Top Ryde. My partner and I both thought it looked pretty damn good...

Sorry for the long post, but it had to be said.

I've got the photoblocker sprayed onto my plates.. havent exactly tested its effectiveness yet.. So its more like a possible preventive measure to hopefully save my **** if I get flashed..

The once I got pulled over, the copper noticed it when he stood beside my car.. Especially on the back plate, its not so obvious on the front one cuz its pretty low and you'd have to crouch beside it to actually notice a layer of something on there..

I managed to get away with it by telling the cop this car was a demo and that its not my car.. Parents got it 2nd hand.. Which obviously was bull :rolleyes: Anyway, he bought it and just wrote me my ticket for the illegal u turn <_<