xede Interceptor

Hey GUys

couldnt find much on the new xede chip. On their site it lists both our cars as supported vehicles.

Has anyone installed or have a price for theses? they seem much like a unichip.

Here is the overview

---------------------------------------------------------

Overview

The ChipTorque XEDE processor is a state of the art programmable engine management computer that is designed to work in unison with the factory ECU. It has two independently tunable map banks, each with approximately 2400 programmable parameters for boost, ignition and fuel control. It can be reprogrammed at any time to accommodate additional modifications to the vehicle.

The fuel, ignition and boost curves can be carefully tailored to provide reliable and repeatable power and torque gains using the efficiency and adaptability of the factory engine control unit and its adaptive strategies. In many vehicles, boost is controlled by the XEDE processor. Even in this case all of the safety and control features of the original factory program are retained. This is quite critical and means that the boost and ignition control strategies built into the original program still function and can decrease the engines boost and ignition advance in order to protect the engine in the case of engine overheating, sensor fault or other fault condition.

The unique design of the XEDE prcessor ensures that all the safety features of the original ECU are retained whilst still delivering the power and torque gains you expect from a ChipTorque product. All ChipTorque products are developed in-house by ChipTorque’s highly trained engineers and technicians and are dyno tested to ensure the quality of the product.

Technical Specifications

2400 possible adjustments per bank

0.1% full-scale accuracy on analog channel adjustments (MAF, MAP, TPS)

0.1degree accuracy on timing adjustments

Direct plug-in adaptor available for Mitsubishi EVO V / VI / VII / IIIV, 01-05 Subaru WRX, 04 STi, 2001/02 GT Forester, Mazda RX8

Features

Fully sealed, rugged, and lightweight housing

Support for hall effect and reluctor type crank and/or cam timing signals

Support for analog or frequency MAF / load signals

Total of three 10-bit analog input/output pairs

Internal storage space for up to 12 tuning maps

Configurable load and RPM axes, input and output variables, adjustment range, and math function for each map

‘Map Select’ input to change between tuning map banks

Two high-current driver outputs (suitable for driving auxillary injectors, water spray solenoid etc.)

Remotely installable bi-colour status LED

Website link http://www.xede.com.au/

Xede is chiptorques version of a unichip. Having extra outputs could be handy though, you should be able to use them to trigger the lift activation. If it works anything like my pulsar (with nissan vtec) its just a solenoid that is activated which uses oil pressure to engage the higher cams. If it uses some sort of solenoid it should work. I havent bought a sportivo yet so I'm not sure on how the system operates.

Cheers

Gary

Hey GUys

couldnt find much on the new xede chip. On their site it lists both our cars as supported vehicles.

Has anyone installed or have a price for theses? they seem much like a unichip.

Here is the overview

---------------------------------------------------------

Overview

The ChipTorque XEDE processor is a state of the art programmable engine management computer that is designed to work in unison with the factory ECU. It has two independently tunable map banks, each with approximately 2400 programmable parameters for boost, ignition and fuel control. It can be reprogrammed at any time to accommodate additional modifications to the vehicle.

The fuel, ignition and boost curves can be carefully tailored to provide reliable and repeatable power and torque gains using the efficiency and adaptability of the factory engine control unit and its adaptive strategies. In many vehicles, boost is controlled by the XEDE processor. Even in this case all of the safety and control features of the original factory program are retained. This is quite critical and means that the boost and ignition control strategies built into the original program still function and can decrease the engines boost and ignition advance in order to protect the engine in the case of engine overheating, sensor fault or other fault condition.

The unique design of the XEDE prcessor ensures that all the safety features of the original ECU are retained whilst still delivering the power and torque gains you expect from a ChipTorque product. All ChipTorque products are developed in-house by ChipTorque’s highly trained engineers and technicians and are dyno tested to ensure the quality of the product.

Technical Specifications

2400 possible adjustments per bank

0.1% full-scale accuracy on analog channel adjustments (MAF, MAP, TPS)

0.1degree accuracy on timing adjustments

Direct plug-in adaptor available for Mitsubishi EVO V / VI / VII / IIIV, 01-05 Subaru WRX, 04 STi, 2001/02 GT Forester, Mazda RX8

Features

Fully sealed, rugged, and lightweight housing

Support for hall effect and reluctor type crank and/or cam timing signals

Support for analog or frequency MAF / load signals

Total of three 10-bit analog input/output pairs

Internal storage space for up to 12 tuning maps

Configurable load and RPM axes, input and output variables, adjustment range, and math function for each map

‘Map Select’ input to change between tuning map banks

Two high-current driver outputs (suitable for driving auxillary injectors, water spray solenoid etc.)

Remotely installable bi-colour status LED

Website link http://www.xede.com.au/

The u.s boys are using the Hydra EMS system for there car apparently that can lower our lift points down to the 5600 mark and is better than camcom but im not doing a northy (no offence mate) and blowing up my engine, aftermarket ecu is too hardcore for me :lol:

The u.s boys are using the Hydra EMS system for there car apparently that can lower our lift points down to the 5600 mark and is better than camcom but im not doing a northy (no offence mate) and blowing up my engine, aftermarket ecu is too hardcore for me :lol:

An aftermarket ECU, when tuned correctly should be fine. The tuner just needs to listen for knock and turn the timing back a few degrees and test again. Of course changes in temperature and fuel can cause issues.

the last one I saw go on ebay was under $200 from memory.

They're not cheap new as far as I know, call Chiptorque and find out.

In terms of piggyback functionality, the Emanage Ultimate is hard to beat.

edit: They're not cheap at all new it seems... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Chip-torque-XEDE-En...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by rollamods

i think for 1zz the camcon has more functionallity.

Hey Rollamods do you think without changing internals, you could get a 1zz to reach 100kw/atw's approx (depending on the dyno).

As we have seen around 90 - 94 with just intake, exhaust and headers.

the 1ZZ needs more revs to make more power. So all the piggybacks are useless in that respect because none can raise the factory revlimit with the stock ECU still in place, this us why you go for the PowerFC full replacement ECU. I only know of one 1ZZ corolla in Aus running the PFC so far.

So intake, full exhaust with headers and PFC should have you quite close to 100kw ATW.

Or a basic turbo kit on the stock long motor will make about 150kw ATW on relatively low boost.

the 1ZZ needs more revs to make more power. So all the piggybacks are useless in that respect because none can raise the factory revlimit with the stock ECU still in place, this us why you go for the PowerFC full replacement ECU. I only know of one 1ZZ corolla in Aus running the PFC so far.

So intake, full exhaust with headers and PFC should have you quite close to 100kw ATW.

Or a basic turbo kit on the stock long motor will make about 150kw ATW on relatively low boost.

he knows his stuff this bloke ;) I may be visiting Purcell Performance someday :D

Hey Rollamods do you think without changing internals, you could get a 1zz to reach 100kw/atw's approx (depending on the dyno).

These figures i remember u quoting to me yesterday were from the states right ?

Dont forget they have atmospheric correction and a whole bunch of other interesting little gizmo calculations built in when getting their dyno figures ... again the reason y u just cant simply compare 1 to 1.

As indicated and as ive told you bill i dont think these simple bolt-ons are going to get u over 100 without looking @ spending a bit more.

An interesting piece of info to find out would be how maxed out are the stock injectors on a stock setup ? Once u've piled all these other mods on and say u go the pfc to increase ur rev cut chances are im guessing u will need more petrol up top to produce more power .... So if ur injectors are maxed out then thats another part that needs to be addressed ... u can sort of see that the list just keeps going until u've practically rebuilt the engine & replaced everything to cater for ur mods to produce more power .....

It is at this point u need to ask urself is this a car im going to keep for a while so im going to make the investment or am i going to sell it because im only going to attempt these mods half heartedly to prove a point that i am the quickest and then get another car which is setup from factory with a lot of this stuff taken care of ?

If your thinking the 2nd of these options my advise to you is stop wasting ur money and save up for your replacement.

Ive made my decision and its the 1st if urs is the 2nd before forking out for ur mods take a good look as to what its really going to cost you to make you happy ......

These figures i remember u quoting to me yesterday were from the states right ?

Dont forget they have atmospheric correction and a whole bunch of other interesting little gizmo calculations built in when getting their dyno figures ... again the reason y u just cant simply compare 1 to 1.

As indicated and as ive told you bill i dont think these simple bolt-ons are going to get u over 100 without looking @ spending a bit more.

An interesting piece of info to find out would be how maxed out are the stock injectors on a stock setup ? Once u've piled all these other mods on and say u go the pfc to increase ur rev cut chances are im guessing u will need more petrol up top to produce more power .... So if ur injectors are maxed out then thats another part that needs to be addressed ... u can sort of see that the list just keeps going until u've practically rebuilt the engine & replaced everything to cater for ur mods to produce more power .....

It is at this point u need to ask urself is this a car im going to keep for a while so im going to make the investment or am i going to sell it because im only going to attempt these mods half heartedly to prove a point that i am the quickest and then get another car which is setup from factory with a lot of this stuff taken care of ?

If your thinking the 2nd of these options my advise to you is stop wasting ur money and save up for your replacement.

Ive made my decision and its the 1st if urs is the 2nd before forking out for ur mods take a good look as to what its really going to cost you to make you happy ......

some wise words there Bill :P

from my perspective, the 1zz rollas are a great car to build up, they take a pretty solid beating (clutch, gearbox, engine...) all round, parts are very available, reasonably priced. And to be honest, i think you could get away (at least for a little while) a half ****d mod job with the 1zz and not neccessarily need to add anymore to it - if something breaks it is easy to replace. The 2zz i can't really speak for though...