New TRD parts

man i want bucket seats.

Nah, check the sports steering wheels:

p_steering_red.jpgp_steering_blue.jpgp_steering_silver.jpg

The best is the Babelfish translation, however:

SRS SPORTS AIR BAG STEERING WHEEL

スポーティ fusing functional beauty and safety.

The genuine steering wheel, to all the car air bags while being converted, スポーティドライビング and, with high safety as pulling out you cannot talk. Although TRD to correspond to the request of these times promptly, being the air bag attachment, developing the advanced steering wheel which does not impair former sport characteristic. With high safety, stylish lux and nimble operativity were actualized.

* The electric type air bag of the system which ignites due to the electric information from the air bag sensor.

*The collision mock exam by the actual car is begun, repeatedly it executes numerous reliability assessment test,proving high safety.

* Genuine center air bag sensor ASSY (the computer) you use that way,the steering wheel just it is round every exchange type.

* Main leather volumesteering wheel of comfortablegrip impression.

* Fast steering wheel operation was made possible, with small diameter the forum of stylish 3 these spokes.

:rolleyes:

Ive just seen in a car mag that penrith toyota are selling official TRD superchargers for $5600 for the 1zz engine.... wonder if they are just imported from America and still need adjusting or if they are fully ready to be put on an Aussie Rolla. :D

n1 has it here in melbourne and i think i saw the red one.

i heard insurance companies typically do not like people changing steering wheels. in victoria if the steering wheel has no padded centre you can be defected.

How about this then?

2ZZ-GE engine finished product installing (ハイコンプエンジン rack equipment)

Apparently you take your car to the TRD workshop in Tama (Japan), and for the bargain price of 577,500 Yen they fit the following:

4 x high compression pistons and rings. 2zz-piston.jpg2zz-piston-zoom.jpg

In the enlargement, the left piston is the Genuine piston, the right is a High compression piston (I think they mean even higher than the standard 12:1 CR).

1 x Lightweight flywheel 2zz-fly_wheel.jpg

1 x sport air filter 2zz-air_filter.jpg

1 x exhaust manifold 2zz-exmani.jpg

And the net effect of all this TRD goodness? The translation states:

"Other than the above-mentioned finished product installing,high response muffler Ver.S for the below-mentioned 2ZZ-GE on-board car simultaneous installing time, the highest output approximately 15kW (20ps), largest torque 20N ・ m (2kg ・ m) improvement. (Measurement value is TRD bench test value. There is a difference in improvement generation depending upon the vehicle.)"

The improvement is shown on this chart: 2zz.jpg

But if that's correct, 15kW at the flywheel costs approx. $7,700, so no thanks. Aren't we getting more improvement with a CAI, extractors and Unichip (which costs what, just over $2000)?

Oz - Correct :) on average you will get 5-7kW (at the wheels) with the CAI which if you go on an average of 15-25% loss through the drive train, takes you to ~8 kW at the fly. More than 1/2 way there :P

And at less than $500 for the Intake its definately the Bang For Your Buck TRD Mod :)