Shorter Shifter Rods

RME1

shortshiftkit.jpg

So TRD and BMC has full replacements for the cradle and stuff... but is there a 'cheaper' way to get the short shift feel through just a shorter shifter rod? I know one or two of the guys have had their shifter rod cut, but i was wondering - if any of you fellas/fellets know where you can purchase these? $_$ no dough for the full short shifter show ....1zzfe/Carlo was right ... <_< the stock gearknob IS better ;)

Cheers Mr P :D , i'll have taht in mind - i've been googling my heart out trying to find any replacment type shifter rods and i get stone walled or confused about the compatability whether it being short shifter for US Corolla or USA Matrix or Allex Jap or whatever >_< ::

I came across a link that reviewed shorter shifter rods before - specifically for toyota matrix, but i can't find it anymore :(

When looking around, just be wary that rods made in the US may be biased (bent) to be suitable for the Left Hand Drive Interior layout.

That's one of my fears in not purchasing a short shift rod from the US - but you can get straight ones as well i believe?

Just get Rollamods to do the modification and don't be dodgy like some just cutting the standard shift as all that does is make the shift extremely tight as you have less leverage.

yeh im dodgy so what...

nah i use the twm shifter.. exactly the same shape as stock but chopped shorted DIY woulda been cheaper for the same thing

when you DIY'd the shifter did you just cut a bit off the top or what? cause if you did this it will make the car harder to change gears as you have significantly less leverage, where as if you do what rollamods is talking about by moving the pivot point on the shaft you will get a "true" short shifter, just clearing this up for some of the newbies.

:)