New TTR: What's This and That?

Hey Guys,

We've recently just added a brand new Corolla TTR to the family. B)

Just have a few questions you guys can hopefully answer.

Firstly, what's the plug/socket under the dash next to the bonnet lever for? Is there suppose to be a cover for it?

Secondly, what's that thing (hard to describe) that pops out, to the right of the power mirror controls? It looks like a coin holder maybe?

Lastly (for now ;) ), how many grill variations were there for the Corolla pre-facelift?

Overall, I have yet do much in the car yet (only got it this morning), but initial impressions are that handling is much better than expected. Especially from it's stance. Can't wait to get passed the break-in period so that I can have more fun and utilise the cars potential! B)

Only few negatives is that the compartment on the very right of the dash is flimsy and there seemed to a be a little dint in one of the panel (maybe even before it was painted), but hopefully those should be fixed.

Oh yeah, one more question (hope I'm not getting annoying), I've noticed the Toyota accessories site is now down for the Corolla. Are there any other ones for genuine parts on the net (oversea sites maybe). The only thing I got were carpet mats. Just want to find out if there is anything else that was useful that I didn't know about.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there P’¢¡šT, welcome to the forum. How about doing a self introduction? :D

Are you located in Australia? Do we get TTR versions of the Corolla here?

Anyway, Don't know about the part that you are asking about in your first question. And for the second question, yes it's a coin holder, very limted though, I end up using my ashtray instead for coins. And there are many versions of the Corolla grill available. Aside from the ones from Toyota themselves, there are many different designs that I've seen in Singapore as well. Do a search on the Net for Corolla kits and you should see a few. Cheers dude.

Are you located in Australia? Do we get TTR versions of the Corolla here?

The TTR edition of corolla, mr2 and celica is just some marketing hypein australia to sell more cars, If my memory serves me correctly, the TTR edition is just a ascent with color coded body , 15" alloy wheels and rear spoiler.

1) I have the plug socket thing that doesnt have a cover on as well... no idea what its for and I assume it isnt meant to be covered.

2) Yes, its a coin holder, try placing coins in there... it really works :lol:

3) There are many grill variations out there... they can be imported for singapore which has heaps of styles. Personally I am a fan of the official sportivo one mind... even though its really overpriced.

4) It depends what type of accessories your after... performance mods, exterior mods or what? The other guys around here should be able to help you with that one.

I have an 03 ascent, from what ive heard the TTR is pretty much the same as the ascent of levin.... I cant remember if the TTR has the sportivo bodykit on it though.

If you wanna check my car out go to www.cardomain.com/id/robsrolla :D

skitzo do you want to buy my cascade blue sportivo grill? i am now a bit sick of it and looking at a chrome levin/ultima. sorry to steal your topic p???

yes it's a coin holder, very limted though, I end up using my ashtray instead for coins.

my friend has a genuine tmc japan coin and business card pocket. it sits inside the ash tray. it is moulded and has fine felt lining. nothing rattles.

yes it's a coin holder, very limted though, I end up using my ashtray instead for coins.

my friend has a genuine tmc japan coin and business card pocket. it sits inside the ash tray. it is moulded and has fine felt lining. nothing rattles.

Do you know anywhere that this might be available? ATM i just have coinage rolling around in the center console... which is a bit annoying trying to find it amongst everything else! lol

skitzo do you want to buy my cascade blue sportivo grill? i am now a bit sick of it and looking at a chrome levin/ultima. sorry to steal your topic p???

I have one already on my rolla... it was the first thing I did when I got the car. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks for your help guys. All my questions have been answered. B)

FYI, I am located in Melbourne, AU. The TTR is pretty much just a cosmetically enhanced Accent (ie. with alloys, spoiler, and various colour coding). Didn't have enough golden coins for hte Sportivo so this should do for now. ;)

Do you know anywhere that this might be available? ATM i just have coinage rolling around in the center console... which is a bit annoying trying to find it amongst everything else! lol

the no-smoking coin/business card box is already out $29.

• 1 month later...

the no-smoking coin/business card box is already out $29.

What does this coin box look like ?

It replaces the ashtray one right ?

Its the plastic thing near your mirror panel, mine keeps vibrating, the only vibration i get in the car. Comes in handy for two buck coins when cruising around St'Kilda.Love you Long Time!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:

The one srr is talking about is different. It holds pens and coins and replaces the ash tray. I saw a pic of it last time, but can't remember where it is now :P