comparing the corolla to other small cars

Don't think about Korean car anyway. http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/ take a look their result :angry:

I will look at Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Nissan Tida, Golf, C4 & 307. Corolla is great car for day to day driving.

(I don't think he is after corolla sportivo) Otherwise, he won't compare with those cars. :rolleyes:

Yeah agreed. On the off chance he did want a Sportivo they can be picked up 2nd hand some of them for $20,000 - $24,000 now with relatively low k's.

The Germans and Japanese have been the two driving forces in car manufacturing. Safety, performance etc etc. The majority of the German cars are pretty expensive to service as are parts, but by *** they are reliable many of them.

Don't think about Korean car anyway. http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/ take a look their result :angry:

I will look at Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Nissan Tida, Golf, C4 & 307. Corolla is great car for day to day driving.

(I don't think he is after corolla sportivo) Otherwise, he won't compare with those cars. :rolleyes:

Yeah agreed. On the off chance he did want a Sportivo they can be picked up 2nd hand some of them for $20,000 - $24,000 now with relatively low k's.

The Germans and Japanese have been the two driving forces in car manufacturing. Safety, performance etc etc. The majority of the German cars are pretty expensive to service as are parts, but by *** they are reliable many of them.

except for Mercedes... ranked one of the lowest for customer satisfaction and return to base servicing fixes.

in that case, go for VW, same price brand new, no kays :D, as far as parts, atleast yu wont have to buy gaskets

Edited by MB487

in that case, go for VW, same price brand new, no kays :D, as far as parts, atleast yu wont have to buy gaskets

Man, if you buy your Toyota filter from dealer, you can ask the gasket for free. If you do your services with them, it cost you less than $2 anyway. No big deal.

For build quality your standard Corolla smashes any of the little Korean cars you listed.

Even the Sportivos (built in South Africa) are of lesser build quality compared to all the other, more basic Corolla models (Built in Japan)

EDIT: has anyone else noticed those Kia Ceratos??? More like Kia-Korolla-Kopy...

Edited by Tayles

Polo GTI only 110kw, although getting it chipped would bring that up to 140kw. And chipping is not cheap nearly 2K. But for 30kw, its not bad at all. I think the kia rio hatch has potential to become one mean looking car, my only reason for not getting one is the very fact that its built by kia.....which is....yeah....you get it.

Cheers

Edited by Suprathai

A Polo Gti with leather and a couple of small options will actually cost more than a Sportivo did new. ;) As for the Golf Gti it not even close....

Don't get me wrong these are great cars but the Polo with 2 doors is the biggest thing that stops me from buying one. And the wait list for a Gti Golf is the other :ph34r:

A Polo Gti with leather and a couple of small options will actually cost more than a Sportivo did new. ;) As for the Golf Gti it not even close....

Don't get me wrong these are great cars but the Polo with 2 doors is the biggest thing that stops me from buying one. And the wait list for a Gti Golf is the other :ph34r:

10 months for my mate to grab his Polo Gti Bren. However he loves it now lol. Power to weight is crazy.

gday guys,

what do u guys think of the holden viva,hyundai accent and kia rio compared to the corolla. i know the corolla has the best trade in value.

I dont really think its fair to place the corolla in that range, i would say the Yaris fits in the category.

Holden Viva = Rebadged Daewoo Karlos or Lanos (one of the two)

Hyundai Accent = Well its a Hyundai nuf said :P (these output 1kw over the Yaris, and its 1.8, the Yaris is 1.6, and it costs more than a Yaris last time i checked).

Kia Rio = More crappy cars.

How can you even compare a jap made car to a korean one?

Free plug for Anthony (76ACC) :lol:

05' Stivo for sale, 25.5k with 6000km on the clock! Bargain!

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6901

Edited by neK

Just a few facts guys

Polo GTI only 110kw, although getting it chipped would bring that up to 140kw. And chipping is not cheap nearly 2K. But for 30kw, its not bad at all. I think the kia rio hatch has potential to become one mean looking car, my only reason for not getting one is the very fact that its built by kia.....which is....yeah....you get it.

Suprathai.... you also get ~100nm of torque with the chip.... that's the bigger benefit.

You have to remember with the VW the servicing cost is alot more compared to Toyota and KIA cars.

VW works out similar.... polo gti is $330 every 15,000k's.

Badboyz..

10 months for my mate to grab his Polo Gti Bren. However he loves it now lol. Power to weight is crazy.

Polo Gti's are in stock and have been from Feb..... they went on sale 9 months ago.... :blink: Do you mean golf?

Maybe Rob was talking about the Golf?

My mate saw, test drove and picked up his Gti within 3 days..

Drove it last weekend as well.. mean little thing. :)

Most of the torque is available at 2000rpm but the thing is too godamn smooth for my liking! :ph34r: