Watch Where You Park I had my No. Plates stolen

GAZOOM

Hi All,

Just a word of warning on Friday I had my plates stolen both front and back.

Apparently they use it to put over their real plates and fill up at a petrol station and take off.

So be careful where you park.

Cheers,

GAZOOM

That just sucks! How did you find out what they've done? Did cops turn up at your home?? :angry:

With petrol prices as low as they are now compared to a few months back, people should be able to afford petrol!!!

I parked at the train station that day when I got back my plates were gone.

So I drove home called the RTA & the cops and reported it stolen. On Saturday I went to the RTA and purchase new plates $66 I really didn't need to spend.

I like hurting people.

I'll be up there for the next meet Gazoom.

If anyone touches your car. I'll hurt them.

I like duct tape and jumper leads. They go well together.

Thanks mate.

Bunch of cowards I'd love to catch one of them in the act and beat the living ***** out of them.

And then shove my baseball bat up where the sun don't shine

Some people are scum!

Did you have personalised plates? Did you get a new plates or just replacement plates with your old letters and numbers?

Some people are scum!

Did you have personalised plates? Did you get a new plates or just replacement plates with your old letters and numbers?

No personal plates just the off the shelf number the black and white ones.

I got new plate ( new charaters ).

I wouldn't be getting the old one I could be up for the crimes they do going forward.

Talking bowt number plates... I ordered my personalised ones yesterday:

GRM-488

Yay... Can anyone work it out (its reasonably obvious) :) :) :)

... Although now I'm scared that they'll get stolen by some low life tight a$$ pr!ck

Edited by grima88

grimab...hahahha go Phil

I'm considerig getting MRTIVO here in canberra Jared, but having second thoughts lol. Considering just paying for the slimline red plates now.

Wats the cost like in Canberra for plates Rob (cos that 1 u want would cost a f**kin fortune here in NSW)...

Check out the costs (mine is $30 ordering fee + $90 annual personalised fee):

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/num.../pricelist.html

PS How come my posts are no longer counting above 78???

Edited by grima88

It's a one off fee here in the ACT so we get a better deal. It's cost $500 a year to have that plate in NSW I think, but here you pay $1000 and bam they're yours.

Not worth it though. I can spend that on the car itself.

It's a one off fee here in the ACT so we get a better deal. It's cost $500 a year to have that plate in NSW I think, but here you pay $1000 and bam they're yours.

Yea tru, no. plates r a bit of a rought these days!

Its such a shame that people steal plates- i dont see the point, people just have nothing better to do, probably kids bored!

...i believe that there are special screw you can get that comes with some sorta allen key that lock your plates in....does anyone know what im talking about... I think Sam may have told me about them... Might be a good idea to look into that

whys is the cost so high for personalised plates mine cost $300 no more to pay

how personalised r they tho (r they the same format as the plates released on new cars)???

how personalised r they tho (r they the same format as the plates released on new cars)???

Yeah that's right. Here in VIC, we only pay a once-off fee and that's it. Prices range from $195 - $315 for a Personalised plate and $395-$495 for a Custom plate.

Personalised - 2 Letters + 3 or 4 Numbers

Custom - 3 Letters, 4 Letters, 5 Letters, 6 Letters with 1 or 2 numbers for the 3, 4 and 5 Letter ones.

There also a Custom Mix Plate which is a mix of letters and numbers for $495.

Its such a shame that people steal plates- i dont see the point, people just have nothing better to do, probably kids bored!

...i believe that there are special screw you can get that comes with some sorta allen key that lock your plates in....does anyone know what im talking about... I think Sam may have told me about them... Might be a good idea to look into that

thats what i got holding my number plates on after my sis had hers stolen "Katie"

ACT non-standard plates

Rob MRTIVO would only cost u $666 or %2013, depending on who u got at the registry. most likely 2k.

Mine cost me just over $300