my SRI DIY HOME JOB

its still in development. home-job. really ****. but it works. i just need to set up the ducting that i had last time. and its good to go~! also need to short the distance from the intake to the filter.

wat u guys thinks? its a home job.. nutting sexy... el cheapo stylez.

P1020578.jpg

P1020579.jpg

of course its defectable. even those trd cai ones are. open filter. but with the ducting. im gonna cover it.

i noticed that the top end is more free now. more smooth. great with my sportivo exhaust. revs a bit faster i think. + theres heaps of noise~!

Not bad mate

But...

My advise if your interested in SRI get one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04-05...040518260QQrdZ1

There is a thread on the US Matrix owners forum where they tested these cheapo SRI to the name brands and their conclusion was no difference in performance.

I have a AEM SRI on my car which I am pretty happy with now but I think I would be just as happy if I got one of these cheapo SRI and changed the filter to K&N.

But then again all the Matrix owners do prefer CAI over SRI.

Cheers,

Gazoom

thanks guys.

it was made with 2 pvc piping and a can of spray paint. and those plastic thingy for the screws.

im trying to find my ducting that i had early to cover the filter. but i think my dad threw it out.

im gonna get my friends ducting if i dont have it hear at home.

greddy es.. i could mount it directly but i need to attach the flow meter else it wouldnt rev past 3k.

the piping that i made was to mount the flow meter.

apprantly its legal to leave the dryflow filters exposed? only oiled filters need to be boxed?

not sure

In VIC this is true (Look at the VIC roads stuff I posted in the general section not long ago - it also says it's legal to have fog lights on all the time :o )

Hi All,

Im new here, so "hello" to all. been searching through this forum for quite some time now, in regards to mainly CAI. Havent made my mind up exactly yet as to which one, but Blue_Steel just mentioned that one on ebay, which ive seen, and im also curious to see if anyone has had any experience with it?

BTW, ive got a 2003 Levin Hatch. Had it for 4weeks now.

Dibba

greddy es.. i could mount it directly but i need to attach the flow meter else it wouldnt rev past 3k.

the piping that i made was to mount the flow meter.

oh icic..fair enough..won't make too much difference being that lil bit shorter anyway..hhmm..i miss my SRI on my old car.. :(

it allows me to wrap it properly witht the ductign

------

if your thinking of buying the american ones.... its about $100+AUD. cos of shipping. im thinking of getting one but im waiting for my bro to head to new york so he can get me lugs and CAI fo cheap.

Does anyone have the Matrix XR Cold Air Intake from the US? This Link!

Do they fit the 1zze's?

Hi All,

Im new here, so "hello" to all. been searching through this forum for quite some time now, in regards to mainly CAI. Havent made my mind up exactly yet as to which one, but Blue_Steel just mentioned that one on ebay, which ive seen, and im also curious to see if anyone has had any experience with it?

BTW, ive got a 2003 Levin Hatch. Had it for 4weeks now.

Dibba

yes that is designed for a 1ZZ given the cars listed. It should fit fine.

In Queensland (I just spoke to Qld Transport), any modifications to the intake system as long as you are able to meet the manufacturers specifications for engine emissions and compy to all local emission laws.

When asked if exposed pod filters are illegal, the response was NO as long as you are able to meet the manufacturers specifications for engine emissions and compy to all local emission laws.