War Stories

xTiGeRx

Was heading from blacktown towards kellyille...going through Norwest Business Park....

you all know that it's hilly and a little curvy...and a poo load of round abouts.

Here i am following a 89-92 corolla (not sure what it had under the bonnet...had exhaust and that..).....

right lane...i move to the right and get up close....he's up close to the person in front. i can see he's gonna give me a run for my money. :)

he changes to the left...coz the guy in front was like...going REALLY slow....so was the guy in the left lane..but seems a little faster than the guy on the right....Anyways...as soon as he changed..the slow right finally got some speed going down hill. :lol:

There's my chance. i downshift and get behind the slow guy..and change lanes to get infront of the slow left guy. the old corolla follows suit.

we approach a round about...and i downshift and manuvour around the round about with enough speed to make him have to give it some to keep up.

i'm lookin my rear view..he guns it...and to my shock...as he exits the round about....his back end steps out...and for a second there i thought he was going to spin..but he ended up facing the kerb..and then straightened up.

i was like.......WTF?!?! they aren't rear wheel drive?!?!? are they?

all over.....after that..he didn't even try to catch up...i think he was doing 50km after that. :lol::lol::lol:

Guess he doesn't know his car very well....or just can't drive. :D

Sounds like the guy doesn't know how to drive, or pulled the hand brake going around the round about.

Most young folk put supercharged 4agzes into the old corolla, and those things are damn fast - could easily take on a 2zzge in my opinion.

• 4 months later...

someone remind me next time NOT to race an M3!!!

Damn it! I thought...hey..i'll give it a shot....but lost every single one.

so..decided to jump on the BMW website...no wonder! they're a Mid 5 second (0-100) car!

damn it!!

:angry:

-Chris

someone remind me next time NOT to race an M3!!!

Damn it! I thought...hey..i'll give it a shot....but lost every single one.

so..decided to jump on the BMW website...no wonder! they're a Mid 5 second (0-100) car!

damn it!!

:angry:

-Chris

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You gota know your limits mate!!!!!! :P :P a little bit out of our league :D :D

Driving down hill in the Dandenongs one day I was taking it easy but some guy in a series 4 rx7 was tail gating me, so I thought screw you man, I gunned it, corner after corner I pulled away until I lost him completely, at the lights at the bottom of the hill he pulled up next to me and asked what I had done to mine, he couldn't believe my car was so close to stock. I couldn't stop grinning for the next hour, people forget how important having a light car is in cornering

Like you f$#ggin hypocrites have never gave someone a run on the street before. You cannot honestly say you drive your car to and from work without breaking the speed limit, racing someone off the lights or every now and then throw in some spirited driving around back streets etc...but maybe your right sharmz as every celica owner i have come across drive their car like f#$gging nan and pop on a sunday drive...whats with that.

breaking the speed limit and driving like a f@#$% idiot are two different things...

Everyone breaks the speed limit... of course they do.... even the nans and pops out there.

Driving like an idiot is going 180km on what cannot be a safe road... The only half safe place to do that is on a drag strip.

I agree with secasx

Celica owners normally drive well, they care about there car and treat them well usually... its the idiots who thrash their car around and find out they need an engine replacement because of it that I dont like... (er... thats not at all related to the guy whose engine went either... that was toyotas fault.. but ive heard of corollas having to have the whole front end rebuilt because of wreckless driving)

Has this topic not be flogged to death in the past on this forum and indeed just about every bloody forum to do with cars.

Nothing anyone say's will change how others drive, I was recklass when I was young, im a little older now so tend to not be so silly but still do give it the occasional squirt, its human nature and its why we bought a car with lift, too feel it kick in. Scroll back far enough you may even find my post about when I did lift in 6th. I never did it again but I still did it. People drive how people want to drive.

my 2 cents

Blade

hey guys! i haven't been on this forum for a few days now and have noticed a change.

what's up with all the attitude? come on guys. it's suppose to be a car forum where people can express themselves. wasn't there talk of starting a club? ;) it won't be much of a club if this keeps going on.

with that said. had a "red light dash" with an older shape corolla (square hatch) geez he gave me a run! the guy drove better than me. if it wasn't for lift i definitely would have lost. I hit the rev limited on two consecutive gears and he actually pulled in front for a second. then lift kicked in and i pulled ahead again *Phew* :blink:

he backed off when we both hit 3rd (I like my license :D ) from what i could tell he had exhaust and maybe extractors. he was quick. the was there with me the whole way. Or maybe i just can't drive. :P :ph34r: How embarrassing.

Like you f$#ggin hypocrites have never gave someone a run on the street before. You cannot honestly say you drive your car to and from work without breaking the speed limit, racing someone off the lights or every now and then throw in some spirited driving around back streets etc...but maybe your right sharmz as every celica owner i have come across drive their car like f#$gging nan and pop on a sunday drive...whats with that.

ffs did I at any point in time say I dont break the speed limit, everyone does. At which point did i even say Ive never given someone a run before??, seca made a statment about where street racing belongs and I just agreed with him that it is stupid to do it on the streets.

Rollin i dont understand what your so uptight about man? your right thought, most celica drivers dont drive theyre cars hard at all, alot of them are older thought and 90% of them are stock as a rock. but there are a select few I know who do fancy a run or two :lol:

Common boys, Mr. qkslvr is right, the attitude has changed, and 1 post after he says it, its back again.

Anyway....

Today i busted a 2000 lancer auomatic gli coupe.

I wasnt goign to post it cos its pretty embaressing that i even raced it, especially since it had 4 passengers...

But hell, a wins a win.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

On Lygon Street tonight.

A purple Prelude pulls up beside me with yellow flames (around 94 model dont know what type). He had big shiny rims an exhaust that sounded like a long fart and some other tart up parts.

Anyway we take off, i launched like a grandma going to sunday church, hit lift calugh up lazily change at about 7,800 drop to 5k he catched up to my rear door hit lift again pull away cleanly then back off, then he crosses a set of tram tracks and his huge muffler scraped the road and sparks flew off it... :D :D :D

Anyhow i did him over comfortably.... yellow flames... huh.

Mazda Astina V6 (didn't know they came out in V6). At lights.

Launched crap...up my bumper in 1st....i hit lift...getting away...change to 2nd...hit lift...still behind me..but the gap is building...hit 3rd....still behind me...gap getting pretty big....backed off once he was bout 50m behind me. (i think he realised it was useless) :D

pulled up next to me on the lights..asked what it was..and i told him it was a 'stock' corolla. he didn't believe me, so i pulled over and showed him under the bonnet. yep! she's a stocker alright! :lol::lol::lol:

took for a quick drive in the stivo....YEP!!! i think he wants to buy one! said he was looking into a new car...hahah....I might have converted him...into buying a Sportivo that is..but...where can he buy one? Haven't seen any dealerships with any at all. Castle Hill Toyota (where i bought mine) doesn't even have one in stock at all. he also considered turbo charging it....hmm...gonna be quick! but the engine bay is so tight and there ain't much room. but....with enough money....it's do-able.

Good run :D

i was quite surprised he stayed with me for a while...(if u consider being able to see him in your rear view mirror...staying.)

wow! :o Astina's come in V6. Interesting... -_-

-Chris

Yeah, same v6 as the mx-6, 121kw.

Not really a match for your 141kw but does develop more torque at low revs so get your take off right when running with one of those! the giveaway is the 5 spoke alloys that the 4cyc version never had ;)

I was telling Peekay this one a couple weekends back before we saw Van Helsing

Had a short sprint that morning and did not just beat the car I literally Killed it. :o

I was at a set of lights when a Holden VL Turbo pulled up next to me with 2 young guys and enough base playing to crack the road underneath them. They started reving and creaping just before green so it was on for sure.

We both launch, and I start to pull away in lift, change to 2nd hit lift and pull further away. I can hear his car reving it's guts out behind me and then nothing. I look in the mirror and all I can see is a massive wall of solid blue/grey smoke and I mean thick.

Anyway I picked up my fish & chips and on the way back there they were on the side of the road with the bonnet up. :lol::lol::lol:

After lunch I felt like painting a kill sign on my door. :D

Raced an VT SS Commodore about 6 times with 2 traffic light runs.

He beat me. My gear box is stuffed. I actually have to push the clutch all the way in and force it into the gears. Before i could just 1/2 clutch and slam it and all was good. now...it's either all the way in or CRUNCH. Even with all the way in it has an INITIAL CRUNCH. Oh wells.

He pulled up next to me and said "that's a freakin fast corolla!"

and i go "yeah and it's stock. then i told him that my rims were heavier than stock and the exhaust makes me loose a bit of bottom end".

he was really impressed! :D

then another commodore who watched the whole race...pulled up next to me and asked what the car was..and i told him it was a 4cyl n/a corolla. he was really impressed too!! :D

right before the last traffic light drag..we had to slow down coz of traffic. and then....there were like 3 police cars with speed cameras ....lucky we both stopped before then. :unsure:

*phew*

i reckon Xoom with his chip and quickshift would beat him.

-Chris

Have run a AU manual ute with exhuast and extractors and beat it twice....also ran against a NA Supra and up to high speeds we were side by side (i pulled a car length off the line and it caught me).